bad turbo? i have 0 boost

cruesix

topless tta
hello

hopeing someone can help here :)

i just got bought my old car back,and the guy whom had it had change from the stock turbo to a TE44..

my problem is i have zero boost,ive checked all the obvious things but cant seem to find anything.

i removed the intercooler and there is no air coming out of the turbo..at all..im thinking something is wrong with the turbo..

am i on the right track? or could i be overlooking something easy?

im going to pull the turbo later today..any suggestions on where to get a good new or rebuilt turbo?

thanks Dan

well after alot of reading,im thinking my problem is probably my wastegate puck..anyone know where i can get this?

Put your fingers into the turbo and see if it spins, if it does.. then check all your hoses. Sounds like you blew a hose off.. I mean look at all the large 2.5-3 diamter inch hoses.

But your motor will run like crap if you blew a hose off.

stuck fingers in.spins easily..all hoses are intact and tight..

car runs fine,just no turbo fun..

i was just out there inspecting the vac lines...and they seem ok

i dont really know how the waste gate is sopposed to work but...seems like someting may be up with this..i disconnect the rod and it seems to move way too easily...almost like it is broken off or something on the inside.and the gate is jammed shut...is that possible? (not the rod,i cant even move that)

i would think with the innercooler off id feel air coming from the turbo..but i get nothing...

man i need to go to turbo 101.........

Remove the exhaust elbow from the turbo then you will see the puck on the elbow side make sure it moves freely if it does the puck is more than likely ok while you have it off you will see a hole on the turbo that the puck shoul seal against make sure that hole is not bigger than the puck or it will (the puck ) not seal thus creating a no boost condition. Or you have a leak where the turbo bolts to the header and or the header is leaking HTH now if the hole on the turbo is bigger than the puck RJC has a plate that you can buy to fix this bolts on like a gasket between the turbo and the exhaust elbow

thanks for the tips,i will pull it apart and check it out..i did notice a very slight exhaust leak from the header..very slight..so i will fix that as well just to be safe..

i wont have time till friday,so i will report back as to what i learn then..

thanks for all the help guys..i think im heading in the right direction.

dan

thanks for the tips,i will pull it apart and check it out..i did notice a very slight exhaust leak from the header..very slight..so i will fix that as well just to be safe..

i wont have time till friday,so i will report back as to what i learn then..

thanks for all the help guys..i think im heading in the right direction.

dan

On the headers...don't use a gasket and get them machined flat. Then just use copper sealant. You will be good to go.

Jason

im an idiot.....the waste gate was not adjusted correctly. its all good now.. thanks for all the idea's and input
dan

im an idiot.....the waste gate was not adjusted correctly. its all good now.. thanks for all the idea's and input
dan

I had that problem once but the guy who installed the turbo only put the top two wastegate bolts on so instead of opening the wasegate it was pulling away from the turbo LOL