Bad MAF???

YoungTurbo

My Sweet Revenge!!!
My car likes to break up when i get over 5psi of boost or more...It starts to knock and falls on it's face like timing is being pulled out....The fuel is there and it rises with boost....I just put in a new cam sensor(set correctly) and a new crank sensor....New O2 sensor as well...While at idle I can unplug the maf and the car seems to idle better....Do you guys think this is the culprit??? It is a newly rebuilt motor with 700 miles on it....I'll list my basic mods below...Thanks in advance!!!

TE-45A
Champion Alum heads
hotwired 307 walboro
MSD 50lb injectors
ESP front mount
etc

Eric

Could be, try tapping it with a screwdriver head and see if the engine stumbles (dont forget to plug it back in first:D ) If so the MAF is going.

You could have an ignition problem also, module or coilpack, or just bad wires. If you have to try new parts go to autozone and make sure you can take them back if its not the problem

It might be...but if it runs fine under 5# of boost, I would be looking at the coil as well. :)

I have two coils and it does the same thing with both...New module: no....I'll have to find one of those and see

I got my module from advanced auto for $85. At least it will tell you if thats the problem, then you can get a Delco later if you want (had mine for a year so far)

Originally posted by blackbuick87
I got my module from advanced auto for $85. At least it will tell you if thats the problem, then you can get a Delco later if you want (had mine for a year so far)

was urs breaking up like mine b4 u got the module???

If it's running good "up to" 5# of boost, my bet would be a bad ignition module. Generally when the MAF goes belly up, the car runs like dog doodoo and anything off idle. My car would idle fine, but even touching the accelerator at all, caused bad stumbles, coughs, etc. Generally any forward motion on the accelerator causes this with a bad MAF.

With a bad ignition module (under the coil pack) it'll run fine to a point, generally somewhere between 5-10# of boost will cause the car to start breaking up and acting NASTY!