backspacing, roll fender lip or both

JRGN

Have a ?, thinking about purchashing a 17x9.5 billet rims for the rear and wanted to know what kind of back spacing is needed to get these rims to work under the 87 gn, also will I have to roll the fender also, let me know what you think. Thanks Jr.

I have that size on my GN with no rubbing and no fender mods. If the people making the rims know anything, they will fix you up with the right backspacing. I run 285-40s on the rear.
Tarey D.

Originally posted by GN ERGY
I have that size on my GN with no rubbing and no fender mods. If the people making the rims know anything, they will fix you up with the right backspacing. I run 285-40s on the rear.
Tarey D.
What is the backspacing, just wanting to know, that way I would have some type of idea when we talk about the rims.

The guy at Simmons wheels told me the rears had 5 in. of backspace and the 8.5in. wide fronts had 4in. of backspace. When I do my S-10 wheel cylinders this weel I'll measure them.
Tarey D.

The guy at Simmons wheels told me the rears had 5 in. of backspace and the 8.5in. wide fronts had 4in. of backspace. When I do my S-10 wheel cylinders this weel I'll measure them.
Tarey D.
Hey Tarey, what did you come up with. Jr.

The guy at Simmons wheels told me the rears had 5 in. of backspace and the 8.5in. wide fronts had 4in. of backspace. .......

A stock GN wheel is 4" backspace and 7" wide. If it is measured by the same method, a 5" backspace will not fit unless the frame is notched and mini-tubbed