Backpressure Sensor

Any 5 volt pressure transducer will work. You can even temporarily use your fuel/oil transducer if you just want to see what it is for a pass. Just attach it to a piece of brake line or copper line to get it away from the heat. I try and get it at least a foot away.

1/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/8npt
get a copper oil gauge line kit from parts store and an 1/8npt coupler , take adapter in kit (the one that would normally go to the oil block 1/8"npt male to 1/8"compression ) and tap it into an o2 plug and screw into bung under turbo (rjc sells a tapped plug for egt use for those who arent handy) , run a couple feet of copper line out and attach the other adapter in kit that would normally go to the oil gauge , now you can screw in a sender

If the headers are installed in the car, most choose to just tap the turbo exhaust housing near the base where it bolts to the headers rather than welding in the car

I'm going to weld it on the header before the turbo. I've got some 1/4 inch stainless I can use for an extension, just need to get a sensor. Which input on the fast do you use?

any of the analog aux inputs but with the new 2.05 utilizing fuel and oil dedicated on analog aux 1 and analog aux 2. i wouldnt swap it into the fuel or oil input unless youve got fuel pressure compensation or oil pressure cutoff disbled in the tune
use analog aux in 3-8 (c 14-c19) for the back pressure ,youll need to change the description and values in the aux inputs setup menu

heres a pinout of the C connector that i labeled

Attachments

• XFI labeled pin out C.jpg
    XFI labeled pin out C.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Do you tap into C24 for the 5 volt reference? Then signal to aux 3 and ground to C11?

i pull 5v right off the tps gray wire, ground to block
that list is the analog AUX 1-8 in order , 1 is fuel , 2 should be saved for oil , 3-8 are named and should have values for expected sensors but you can change the names to whatever you want , just type in the name you want in the edit sensor window , then change the sensor values to what you need for the sensor you choose to run . the help section has a chapter on calculating the sensor settings

I see that now, it threw me off with them already being assigned to sensors.
So I only have to run the signal wire back to the XFI? That's too easy.

yep just pop the plug out of the xfi , find the hole for the aux input you want to add , push up the white lock tab a little .. you dont need to push it hard , push in a terminal with a wire attached , close the lock tab

I've got a set of the preloaded pins. Just gotta figure out where I'm gonna mount the sensor now.

Order a hex headed 02 plug from summit and drill and tap 1/8 npt. Use a piece of tubing to isolate the sensor from the exhaust heat. Then install one on the hot boost pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TA headers came with two bungs under the turbo flange, I got a mild steel hex plug from Summit and already drilled and tapped it. My stainless 1/4" tubing should be here today. I'm going to tap the elbow on the intercooler on the hotside for that one.

Mounted the sensor on the firewall, now I just have to get the mounting bracket powdercoated.