back spacing for Centerline Telestars?

N.W. Buick

I just picked up a set of M/T drag radials in a 255 x 60 x r15 and wanted to mount them up on a set of telestars and needed to know which rim to use?

The 15 x 7's have 3.5" of backspacing and the 15x8's have 4" inches of backspacing. I'm concerned about rubbing on the inside of the frame / shocks and the in the wheelwell and don't want to have to use spacers since I have the Hochkis lowering rear springs. Also the car has the complete HR Parts rear suspension and the hooker exhaust.

Right now I'm leaning towards the 15 x 8's but wanted to get input.

Mike

I have 15x8, 4" B.S. TelStars on mine and run 265/50 radials. For what it's worth I have 80's F-body springs in the back which lowered it an easy 2-2.5" in the rear compared to the stock coils.

There's a ton of room everywhere, they should work out great for you :) The only thing I'd be concerned with is the 27" height since you have it lowered, they might rub in the wheelwell on bumps, but I doubt it... the 265's I have are 25.5" tall and there's alot of room. I'm going pick up 275/50 drag radials when I have the $$$

Forgot to mention earlier that the car now has regular rear (Bendix) drums on it. I had to replace last year since Alumunim ones were hammered. I know that the OEM drum were smaller ?? so will the new one's one make of difference??? If not then, I'm going to go with the 15 x 8's.

Thanks for the photos and input....:smile:

Mike

aluminum and cast ARE oem.... aluminum ones have a thicker face to push out th ewheels a tiny bit..