Back on the road......

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
Hello all, We have all been there. Get started on a project and all the sudden life or family forces the latest project to the back burner. In my case we had pulled the motor to solve a falling oil pressure issue. Found that even with a girdled bottom end that I had flexed the crank enough to wipe the edges of the main bearings. Did a wet mag on the stock crank and stopped counting at 9 cracks in it. So I was actually on the computer looking at steel cranks for the next round of upgrades as well as several other items when the phone rang...... It was my mom and we had the conversation that changed everything. My mom had been diagnosed with AML (acute myeloid leukemia). She was in northeast Texas at the farm and the doc insisted she get to Houston medical center immediately. Well everything changed that day.
Here we are years have passed life has settled down and now we are moving forward. We got the motor back together and back into the car 3 weeks ago. I just got Powerlogger to sync up on the new laptop and life is good! Still have some issues to get ironed out on the Gn. Charging is off a little, somewhere in there we broke the tensioner ear where the alternator attaches. Got a Turbonetics 66mm with a little oil leak on the feed line. Gotta get a bunch of brackets blasted and repainted to just clean up the under hood.
BUT, she is Back on the road.........
Thanks for all the kind words from my extended family in the Buick world, Jon Hanson