Baby kicked out of Burger King for not wearing shoes

stack1

Senior Stacker
I guess common sense isn't a job requirement to be a BK manager.....

Burger King: No shoes rule taken too far with baby

By JIM SALTER / Associated Press Writer

Published: August 6th, 2009 12:52 PM
Last Modified: August 6th, 2009 12:52 PM

SUNSET HILLS, Mo. - Like most restaurants, the Burger King in this St. Louis suburb has a no shoes, no shirt, no service policy.

And baby, do they enforce it.

Too much so, the company admitted, after apologizing for restaurant workers who asked a mother to leave because her 6-month-old wasn't wearing shoes.

Jennifer Frederich, her mother and Frederich's infant daughter, Kaylin, stopped at the Burger King in Sunset Hills on Sunday. The baby was shoeless - Frederich figured tiny baby feet were immune from the rule.

But workers told the family to leave because the shoeless baby was violating a health code. In fact, shoelessness is not a health code violation in St. Louis County.

Frederich told KTVI-TV that she and her mother ate hurriedly and left before they could be kicked out. Frederich did not have a listed phone number, and The Associated Press could not reach her for comment.

Burger King released a statement Thursday indicating workers had taken the no shoes, no service policy too far.

"Our franchisee, which independently owns and operates this restaurant, apologizes for this guest's experience," the statement read. "The franchisee is retraining his restaurant team on the proper use of the 'no shoes' policy."

The franchise owner also contacted Frederich to apologize in person.

Frederich told the TV station the flap was a bit overblown, and she hoped no one would be fired. But she appreciated Burger King's apology.

Burger King, based in Miami, is the nation's second-largest hamburger chain, with 11,800 restaurants worldwide.

Burger King: No shoes rule taken too far with baby: Nation | adn.com

And you wonder why they forget straws, napkins and an occasional sandwich......these people are idiots following idiots.

They were doing the family and the baby a favor by not serving them,so they would go to one of the better restaurants.

I haven't been to a bk for years and wouldn't eat at one if they gave me free food for the rest of my life. :biggrin:

This is why i say this.

I got a sandwich at the local bk and after a couple of bites i found a long red hair, "yuk" :mad: that was the end of that sandwich. I called and talked to the manager and told him what i found and he tells me he doesn't have anyone working there with long red hair and can't explain where it could have came from.

I didn't eat at a bk after that for over a year. Then when i did go back to bk, i went to the bk on the other side of town. The second bite of the sandwich, it happened again. That finished me with bk and that has been over 6 years ago, i can't even stand to look at a bk when i drive down the road.:wink:

John

BK did the right thing by throwing out the baby/mother.

What if the mother put down the baby and injured a foot. Then the mother would be suing BK for millions.

Just like the retard who spilled hot coffee on herself while driving and sued McDonalds.

Remember CYA.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

What if the mother put down the baby and injured a foot. Then the mother would be suing BK for millions.

Just like the retard who spilled hot coffee on herself while driving and sued McDonalds.

Remember CYA.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You got a point, I see infants crawling around on the floors of fast food restaurants everywhere!!!

Billy, at first I didn't agree until I read your post. Sad but that is the world we live in...

Remember CYA.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

No mother with an IQ higher than a rock would allow their infant on the floor of a fast food outlet as it would be borderline child neglect. Shoes wouldn't be of much help to a 6 month old anyway, they are only decoration at that age.

Wait a minute. I thought the motto for BK was "have it your way?" Well what if I want to bring my barefoot kid into BK? And they say no! That's not having it my way! :D

Really that's a silly rule for infants who don't walk anyways. Yeah someone working there clearly isn't very bright.