Automatic Gate Opener

DOUNVME

IHUNTV8S
Anyone ever had any experience with an automatic gate opener? I have a single gate that swings open. I need it to be powered by 12v DC (car battery). I used to see one like this on ebay, but now I don't. It is too far to dig for a 110 AC (house current), plus my hinges are on the opposite side of my paved driveway from the house ( I would have to tunnel the wires under the driveway). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am fairly crafty, so if you have experience with a homemade kit, that will work also, I just need it to work from a remote (for the wife who hates getting out of the car to open the gate). We don't have kids, elders, or codes to follow so the automatic opening when obstruction occurs doesn't apply to us.

is it an actual "Fence" style gate? or like one of those Park gates, single or double poll that swing out?

I don't think 12v would be enough for an actual "Fence" style.. that's alot of power to move that heavy thing.

I just replaced my (20 y.o.) Genie gate opener with a "Mighty Mule". The Genie still worked great, but the remotes quit (motherboard problem) and no parts were left for it. The "Mule" version is battery operated with a transformer type charger but there is an option for solar charging.

I have the dual gate opener; I got it from Harbor Freight. It was around $400and it takes 110 AC power. It also has a battery backup system which I haven't hooked up yet. So, I assume that you can buy the same thing and just run it as though it's on the backup system. I also think that most of the gate openers have DC motors to begin with so it shouldn't be a problem.

HTH

Prasad