Automatic electric exhuast cutout

XLR8ONU

So I went to install my electric exhaust cutout today and realized that the only way the flange lines up leaves the solenoid hanging way down Approx. 3 inches off the ground.

Before I take out the test pipe and modify the flange I wanted to see if anyone has run into this problem before and if there is an easier fix than modifying test pipe.

Thanks in advanced

Did you try flipping it over? Most cutouts allow you to flip and rotated for best fit to your car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

They're cool, but they are such a pain.
Get used to being down there - you'll be a regular visitor - fiddling with the darned thing when it leaks, doesn't open. doesn't close etc.

I had to have my flange rewelded with the proper rotation as to not have the problem you described...I have not had to fool with the cutout since..Works as it should and gives me 2 extra lbs of boost on tap if needed!!

They're cool, but they are such a pain.
Get used to being down there - you'll be a regular visitor - fiddling with the darned thing when it leaks, doesn't open. doesn't close etc.
Bingo. If I ever do one again I'm going to get the best quality one I can that slides open (not the blade type that twists open).

Best thing I did with mine was take it off.

From my iPhone

Mine Blade type has worked well for 5 years no problem.... You have to use it on a somewhat regular basis or they may cabon up and stick. Easy to fix by having someone push the button and you help push on the dump to open. Work it a little and it frees up.
This is only my experience with what I have, im sure some have not have had as good of luck.