Autolite 104 where should I gap them ?

434nova

Ok guys I am changing my plugs on my gn1 heads. Old plugs were autolite 104 and thats what im replacing them with. Where should I gap them at ? I am running 25 - 28 #s of boost and pump gas 93 octane with alky. Old gaps were between 32 to 35 thousands , but I was only running 18 #s and no alky. Thanks on the help.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not a good idea to run extended tip plugs with alky. i am currently running Autolite racing plugs in mine with GN1 aluminum heads. AR3933 plugs, out of the box gap with the TR6.

Bryan

So I should run a ar3933 and just run them out the box ? Any idea on a gap ?I have seen plugs where the gaps is all over the place out the box. I am also running a stock ignition with a fast xfi. Thanks for the help.

The plug I run is just a suggestion. I prefer the gasketed plugs vs the tapered seat. The GN1 heads will take either plug, the tapered seat tends to gall the heads. With the stock coil and module on my car I gapped them to .025 and was having no issues. You may get by with a larger gap or may not, each car is different. I have also ran NGK AR 5671 -8 plugs before with good results. I used to run the ar103's that are recommended by Champion but After melting a new RPE stroker motor ...it was a very costly. The plugs didnt cause the meltdown but they didnt help either.

Bryan

Why dont use a extended tip with alky ? Sorry I am new to alky just looking for as much info as possible. Thanks

The extended electrode gets very hot and can and will cause pre ignition

who makes ar 3933's and where can they be bought? and yes i know at a parts house - lol. i to am running a set of gn-1 heads and have yet to decide on a plug. new build.

Autolite Racing plugs. AR3933 , I get them from Advanced auto parts

Bryan

Not a good idea to run extended tip plugs with alky. i am currently running Autolite racing plugs in mine with GN1 aluminum heads. AR3933 plugs, out of the box gap with the TR6.

Bryan
are my gonna have a problem with autolite103s gapped at .32 with 24psi of boost and alki?....sorry to hijack but similar subject

I thought the GN1 require an extended tip plug (103 or 104s)? I've always ran the 104s with alky.

Walter

I also run 104s with alky. I did blow a headgasket at Norwalk. But hard to say it is because of the 104s. More like too much boost and not using race fuel.

Tonysmach how much boost when you blew a headgasket. Thanks.

Here is what was left of a Autolite 103 at over 30 psi with pump and ALKY when my boost controller decided that I wasnt running enough boost. That was an RPE built stroker motor with only about 75 miles on it. Melted the head, scorched the block , a piston and a couple of push rods.....also bent the forged crank !
That was THE last time I will ever use an extended tip plug.

IMAG0442.jpg