Autocraft Front Bumper?

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
Guys,
came stumbling on this image and was really amazed at how nice the front bumper looked. I remember Autocraft back in the 80s especially with their z cars but didnt know they made stuff for the regal. Anyone know where someone could source the front bumper at least? Swap meet? ebay?

thx

1986160107_large.jpg

Attachments

• white body.jpg
    white body.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 834
Wow that is cool. I wonder if the fillers were part of the one piece bumper assembly ?

This bumper is even sicker almost. This classic car dealership about 5 miles from me on the Pike had this Buick with this bumper and it looked sick in person. Couldnt locate the bumper either on this one and the guy that worked with the seller didnt get the details..ughh

YouTube - 1983 Buick GNX-R Pro Street FOR SALE

I'll post a link tomorow for you. I found something simular to this and I've been mulling it over but haven't decided yet.

I owned a Regal with the Autocraft body kit. The front and rear bumpers were one piece fiberglass. No bumper fillers. It was a quality piece. When I owned the car back in the late '90s I tracked down the owner of Autocraft who had relocated from CA to Grants Pass, OR and they were working on Porsches at that time. He had the tooling for the body kit but was no longer making any (I was considering buying replacements). He still had the white car in your picture but it hadn't been driven for many years. No tellling where it might be today. I was told their prototype car had the radiator redesigned and relocated to the lower grill location and a huge intercooler placed in the stock radiator location. Just thought I would share a little of what I learned.

Dean

I owned a Regal with the Autocraft body kit. The front and rear bumpers were one piece fiberglass. No bumper fillers. It was a quality piece. When I owned the car back in the late '90s I tracked down the owner of Autocraft who had relocated from CA to Grants Pass, OR and they were working on Porsches at that time. He had the tooling for the body kit but was no longer making any (I was considering buying replacements). He still had the white car in your picture but it hadn't been driven for many years. No tellling where it might be today. I was told their prototype car had the radiator redesigned and relocated to the lower grill location and a huge intercooler placed in the stock radiator location. Just thought I would share a little of what I learned.

Dean

Wow thanks alot Dean. The kit looked pretty nice and i could see it may have costed a pretty penny. The one peice front bumper would definately streamline the buick's front. If you find anything else on this please feel free to share. I might be able to fiberglass this if i had a proper mock up or template.
thanks again guys

I just went through all my saved links and I can't find it. I'll have to go back through later and recheck but I know I saved it somewhere. This is agrivating to say the least.

I own that car now.It was autocrafts company car.The bumpers are one piece front and rear.I still have the rear bumper lying in my yard.There was a piece of steel tube that went behind the skin.The rear mounts to the wheel wells.On the front the radiator was behind the mesh screen.It was a custom built radiator that was very short and thick.Behind the grill was a modified stock intercooler.I smashed the front bumper and sold the side ground effects.The previous owner Robert said he still had molds but was interested in making them.He now has a company called correctrack if you need to get a hold of him.

I actually like that kit:cool: (may the bashing resume;))

LOL Jesse, do you have the link for the one I sent you? Post it if you do please.:biggrin: I can't find it in my favorites.:( Thanks. Where you been hiding dude? Going to Noble?

The only place I'm gonna be going is the store for a bottle of booze to make me forget that I'm broke all the time;) Hell dude, I've been sicker than a dog for the past week (and still went to work-I like to eat). I got a lot done the week prior on my car though. THe dash is in and most of the engine compartment is finished. Just me and the kid this weekend so I don't know if I'll get anything else done. Let me see if I can find that link then I'm gonna take some cough medicine with codine and get some sleep:cool:

gosh that's some terrible stuff....real '80's nightmare....i'm rethinking my prev comment....naw...the spoiler still looks cool in the picture anyway.

I'll go out on a limb and be different... by saying that is one of the ugliest looking Buicks I've seen.

It's about as ugly and 80's retro looking as a "Team Camaro". :D

Cam86aro_4.jpg

I'll go out on a limb and be different... by saying that is one of the ugliest looking Buicks I've seen.

It's about as ugly and 80's retro looking as a "Team Camaro". :D

Cam86aro_4.jpg
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Its the in da hood and in da trailer park standard issue chrome modd wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek: These were supposed to die with high top box fades and mulletts!!!!

I had this ground effects package installed in 1987! :)

No, that is NOT my race car, but my "garage queen" with 9000 miles. :cool:

Attachments

• Nick's T Type.jpg
    Nick's T Type.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 708
This bumper is even sicker almost. This classic car dealership about 5 miles from me on the Pike had this Buick with this bumper and it looked sick in person. Couldnt locate the bumper either on this one and the guy that worked with the seller didnt get the details..ughh

YouTube - 1983 Buick GNX-R Pro Street FOR SALE

"We can make it louder replacing the mufflers with a set of Flowmasters" Duh.

That bumper is pretty cool looking.