Authentic GNX wheels for sale-$3500

souljasmooth

Up for sale is a set of authentic GNX wheels. As far as I can tell, they are the real deal with all the correct markings. They are in excellent shape, and have been polished and repainted. I bought them, to save and put on a GN if I ever got another one. I am not so sure if I am ever gonna get another GN anytime soon. Asking $3500. They are priced to sell. I can ship to anywhere in the US for $125. Local pickup is welcome.....

Attachments

• gnx-1.jpg
    gnx-1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 265
  • gnx-2.jpg
    gnx-2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 246
  • gnx-3.jpg
    gnx-3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 247
  • gnx-4.jpg
    gnx-4.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 255
  • gnx-5.jpg
    gnx-5.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 248
  • gnx-6.jpg
    gnx-6.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 244
  • gnx-7.jpg
    gnx-7.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 236
  • gnx-8.jpg
    gnx-8.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 250
  • gnx-9.jpg
    gnx-9.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 248
  • gnx-10.jpg
    gnx-10.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 250
more pics

Attachments

• gnx-11.jpg
    gnx-11.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 140
  • gnx-12.jpg
    gnx-12.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 145
  • gnx-13.jpg
    gnx-13.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 143
What do they cost for real, if you consider that priced to sell ?
Im not an expert on GNX parts, but I did have a set of GNX wheels that were bent, completely faded, and some curb rash about 7-8yrs ago. I thought I sold them for around $2,500(If I remember right). I figured a nice set would go for a little more money. I remember seeing sets sell for over $5,000 back then (again going off memory). I have been away from GNs for a number of years.

Just my thoughts, most guys with GNX's prob have super nice wheels and don't need a spare set. Guys with GN's who want GNX wheels prob don't care if they are true GNX wheels or not and can get a set of reproductions in GNX offsets for less. Not saying yours are not worth the asking price ( I have no clue what they are worth anyway ) just puts you in a spot where you may have to wait a while for the right person to come along.

sounds like a fair price to me. wen do real GNX rims ever come along in mint condition? and if you have a GNX there is a chance you cud fuk ur rims up and where u gonna get another set? ur not!

Last set I saw was at Kirban's spring open house last year for $2800 and they needed some work so that price is probably fair.

Whats sad is with Mario selling refurbished wheels with actual GNX offsets for half the cost it's hard to justify buying the real deal unless your an actual GNX owner. Nice wheels though no doubt.

Anyone know if these will fit on a TTA?
only on the front of the tta.

The reason you see the stamping "front only" on the backside of the mesh pattern, such as in your pic #10, is because the GnX wheel IS the same wheel as the Pontiac Trans Am used on the front, it wasn't special manufactured. (Trans am rears had a different backspacing, thus the wheels when cast were stamped "front only" and "rear only" so it would be known where to mount on the Trans Am/GTA cars ordered with the 16" mesh wheel option in either black or gold.

The only two things that make the "GnX" wheel "unique" from the tens, likely hundred thousand trans am/GTA units produced through the years are the production date and the the fact that early versus late wheels were differentiated by the lack or presence of dimples near the center cap hole in the mesh grid.

That's why you will see mention of "dimpled" vs "non-dimpled" for those who are looking at the rims.

So.... are they harder to find as time goes by with the correct date/casting window? Yes.

But are there likely at least 5000-10000 potential wheels out there that can be Gnx correct if every front wheel of the correct casting range was rounded up and refinished in black? Also yes.

Potentially..... I cud hit power ball tonight too. but the truth is thats just NOT gonna happen

[QUOTE="84c10, post: 3724997, member: 13912"

But are there likely at least 5000-10000 potential wheels out there that can be Gnx correct if every front wheel of the correct casting range was rounded up and refinished in black? Also yes.[/QUOTE]

only on the front of the tta.

The reason you see the stamping "front only" on the backside of the mesh pattern, such as in your pic #10, is because the GnX wheel IS the same wheel as the Pontiac Trans Am used on the front, it wasn't special manufactured. (Trans am rears had a different backspacing, thus the wheels when cast were stamped "front only" and "rear only" so it would be known where to mount on the Trans Am/GTA cars ordered with the 16" mesh wheel option in either black or gold.

The only two things that make the "GnX" wheel "unique" from the tens, likely hundred thousand trans am/GTA units produced through the years are the production date and the the fact that early versus late wheels were differentiated by the lack or presence of dimples near the center cap hole in the mesh grid.

That's why you will see mention of "dimpled" vs "non-dimpled" for those who are looking at the rims.

So.... are they harder to find as time goes by with the correct date/casting window? Yes.

But are there likely at least 5000-10000 potential wheels out there that can be Gnx correct if every front wheel of the correct casting range was rounded up and refinished in black? Also yes.

wrong

the gnx wheels had the center moved (offset) in even further than the front gta the front gta offset was 0 the front gnx is -15 the rear gnx is -23

the difference in the spoke dimple vs non is more than just the appearance , the non was a two piece wheel (center mesh is welded to the drum ) and the dimpled was a single casting ,

Now that we confirmed Im asking too much for basically TTA wheels lol, does anyone want some genuine GNX wheels at a good price? Make me an offer!!!

lol yea Paul he was so out in left field with that I didn't even bother explaining smh guys totally clueless!

wrong

the gnx wheels had the center moved (offset) in even further than the front gta the front gta offset was 0 the front gnx is -15 the rear gnx is -23

the difference in the spoke dimple vs non is more than just the appearance , the non was a two piece wheel (center mesh is welded to the drum ) and the dimpled was a single casting ,

the only thing confirmed is how clueless that dude is. stay firm at that price and put them on Ebay. lotta collectors out there and most of em aint comn here to restore their GNX. I wudnt sell for a penny less!

Now that we confirmed Im asking too much for basically TTA wheels lol, does anyone want some genuine GNX wheels at a good price? Make me an offer!!!