Austin Area Meets/Shows??

84GN-TX

Just moved up to Georgetown from San Antonio and just wondering if theres any car meets/shows on the weekend to cruise out to?? Will be bringing the GN up next week so want to take it out next weekend.;)

Welcome

Don't know of any in Austin, but there is a small one that meets every Saturday at the parking lot of Office Depot at 1431 and 183 in Cedar Park. Let me know if you can make it and I will try to be there.

Raul
I8AV8

Sweet, thats not too far from me. A couple weekends ago before i moved i went to one in Buda at Cabela's. Got there kinda late but were some sweet cars out there. A husband and wife had a new ZR1 and Gallardo out there :cool:

Oak Hill or Cedar Park

Yes I know about in Oak Hill, I lived one mile away from it. Now I live in Leander and that is about 70 miles round trip. If some of you want to make either one of them let me know. I will try to make it.

Raul

I just got back from Austin a few days ago. Is there even a car scene down there? Out of the dozens of trips down there I've only seen an old Mach 1 Mustang running around. It seems like a terrible city for a car hobbyist to live in.

I just got back from Austin a few days ago. Is there even a car scene down there? Out of the dozens of trips down there I've only seen an old Mach 1 Mustang running around. It seems like a terrible city for a car hobbyist to live in.

There are alot of garage queen cars in Austin. It also depends where your hanging out when you come to Austin.

yes

It seems as time goes on, less and less people that out there cars. Sometimes I do the same and leave my car in the garage for weeks. I guess both of us are getting older (my car and me). Some the problem is with the young kid that show up at car show and do wild burn outs and get the Cops to come and break up the meetings. We used to have some great cursing spot but not so much any more.

There are alot of garage queen cars in Austin. It also depends where your hanging out when you come to Austin.

I was staying with a friend that lives off of Riverside if that means anything. I could never live there and keep my GN unless I was filthy rich and could afford a garage. But then again, where would I drive it? Traffic at all hours of the night and I imagine it would get stolen in a heartbeat.

I still love that place though. :D

When I was in school there....early 90s....used to be lots of action. Remember meeting at a bank parking lot (between 5th and 6th I believe) regularly and then heading out to Decker for the heads up action. I had a maroon 69 428 Mach 1 at the time...but there were a ton of new and old cars out.

Riverside Dr.

Riverside drive, yes that is not the place to have a nice car out late at night. You are right about the traffic, it sucks. After all that Austin is a great town down to live in for the most part. There are areas that you should keep out of just like any other big city. Living in Leander is great. It is far enough to stay away for the rate race, but close enough to enjoy the good parts.:rolleyes:

I went by the Office Depot last saturday, was a little early but there were a few nice cars there, chevelle, stang, couple camaros and street rods. I plan on taking the GN there this saturday if anyone else is going, wouldnt mind checking out the Oak Hill one. Where is that located?

Oak Hill

It is at 290 and 71 accross from the street from the HEB, you can't miss it. What time are you planning on being there?

Raul

Im not sure yet, i guess it depends on how frigin hot it is LOL... Is the Oak Hill on friday or saturday night?

Im not sure yet, i guess it depends on how frigin hot it is LOL... Is the Oak Hill on friday or saturday night?

Saturday night.

Also when it cools off later this fall Mulligans in Lakeway will start having their shows again. They are usually during the late morning early afternoon and I have never seen a ricer there or even an import there.

Saturday night.

Also when it cools off later this fall Mulligans in Lakeway will start having their shows again. They are usually during the late morning early afternoon and I have never seen a ricer there or even an import there.

Speaking of imports I know a guy running around with a red 500hp Civic down there. He brings it up to DFW for big meets now and then. :D

Oak Hill or Cedar Park

Let me know, it is very hot. If you are not going to Oak Hill then I will go to Cedar Park. Belton is not too far. I have a friend the lives there and works in Austin.

Raul
I8AV8