36.9 KB · Views: 301
Love those 17" centerlines

Nothing like 17" Billet aluminum!!

Attachments

• side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 358
I am done now!

Its taken me a while to get these pics of my car on the board. I have had several requests to post pics of one of my rides. My Father-in-law showed me how to use a computer finally so here they are. Sorry about some of the quality of the pics and my car was dirty so pleeeez forgive me.

The pics look good. What does you whole stereo system consist of?

It consists of Alpine AI-Net 12 disc changer and Alpine CD/receiver controller, 2 fancooled Earthquake 4300s, Stinger 800 cca gel cell battery with twin 1 Farad Stiffening capacitors, All a/d/s Reference drivers that consists of 2 10" subs, 2 3 1/2 coaxial rear fill, 2 1" tweeters, 2 6 1/2" mid-bass and 2 4" mids for the front stage, 160 amp alt w/ battery isolator.

I still have full use of factory head unit which is feed into a high level input which will play through audio system. Its pretty much a hidden install except for the door pods and 3" sub-woofer ports that fire into the rear deck.

I am missing a pic!!!

I just realized that I am missing a pic of my head controller that I intergrated into the headliner. If you are reading this mcss383, post it if you received my e-mail of those pics I sent you. I dont have the program to make the jpg smaller to fit as an attachment.Thanks.

oh so i have to do your legwork eh??? j/k lol

I cropped it a little and then reduced the file size. Gotta love Photoshop!

I am going to have to put all those pics on my website. Hotmail just doesn't like all those files. Dumb 2mb limit!

Attachments

• headunit2.jpg
    headunit2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 241
I want to get with you on how you went about doing the flase floor. I am thinking of doing that with my car. I want a trunk again!!!

I am either going to mount the amps in a false floor like yours or against the seatback.

One of the main concerns I have about the floor isn't the construction, but the method of cooling. Where are you getting air from? Is it vented on the outermost sides with a fan pushing/pulling?

You da man mcss383,
Thanks for the leg work, I did all the other stuff at my Father-in-laws house. I will get with you later on tonight about the false floor, gotta go to work. Thanks man.

Thanks for the system details I kind of like the head unit controller idea, pretty niffty! Now someday I could post some pic of my system when I finish it up over the winter, LONG PROJECT!! :)

Keepin Coooool!

Thanks for the compliment MassBoost :cool: . mcss383, I have dual fans that is pushing air across the amps and is effective in either "push" or "pull". Since the trunk is not a totally sealed unit, the cooling comes from the trunk area and works well on getting the heat off the heat sinks.

I use my trunk alot so I went with a high quality trunk carpet but of course I put a big thick blanket on top so I dont scratch the plexi-glass. The false floor is a one piece unit that fits snugly into the spare tire well (gel-cell battery and capacitors are house there). It also attached on the outer tabs of trunk so I didnt have to drill into floor to bolt in solid.

mcss383,
If you have the pic of my rear deck ports, please post that one also. I will e-mail you the pic just in case I didnt send it. Thanks.

Torsion bar mod...

I'm interested in more details on the replacement of the trunk torsion bar with that gas shock...

Do you have a shock on both sides of the trunk or just one?

What shock did you use?

Would you be able to sell the parts outright with the brakets that I could weld to my trunk arm(s)? How much?

I'm trying to get some more space back there so I can either push a sealed enclosure closer to the seat-back, or I'm gonna build a flat panel across the back of the back seat, while clearing my gnx-bracing, then seal it in ... this panel would hold two 10" subs built into aperoidic membrane enclosures....

I'm going to be mounting my amp either on the inner side of the quarter panel or in the seat-back side of my panel with the subs mounted to it....

Aside from that, excellent install...btw, Tim is going to be adding more pics of other custom Regals in the competition circuit to his website for all to look at ... I love creativity :) http://www.hzemall.com

Darkfa8,
I used 2 gas charged shocks, 1 for each side to balance the load. I used 2 factory GN (Buick Regal hood shocks). If I had the parts, for the bracket, I would just give it to you but all the brackets are handmade for the trunk hinge and floor mount. Even the bolts are machined with a groove so I can hold them in with a "C" clevice.

If you want all the pics, mcss383 should have all the ones that I sent him and I am sure he wont mind e-mailing you some copies. If he doesnt, I can e-mail them to you. Thanks for the compliments :cool: , its nice to hear that my work is like.

here is the rear deck pic. I had to reduce the quality of it so it would fit for an attachment. I will be making a link on my webpage to his car with all his pics....I will get that done today or tomm prob.

Attachments

• reardeck1.jpg
    reardeck1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 199