Audio/Video or cable guys....got a ?

Dwayne

Narrow A$$ Racing
I have cable in my house. It runs underground in conduit from the pole to the basement. From there it goes to a splitter that sends the signal to 2 tvs in the house and 1 in the garage. Last night I added a HI-def tv card to the gf's pc so I had to add another line to the splitter. The digital pic on the pc was great and all the other tvs in the house still looked good.....but........when I went back out in the garage, the picture was snowy....went back in and unplugged the cable out of the splitter that fed the pc.........picture in the garage returned to normal :confused: ......I'm assuming my splitter is the cause of it. It is a Lowes brand splitter.........any suggestions on brand/kind of splitter or set-up..........thanks

For what it's worth,
I am NOT a cable expert.

When I added a fourth TV and high def. the installer ran a second cable from the pole into the house. He told me the limit for best picture was three TV's on a single cable (esp. with high def.) I do pay for the # of TV hook-ups with my cable company (which SUCKS :mad: ), but it did Not cost Any extra to run the second cable.

Just my experience. :cool:

Back in the old days :p with a 3-way splitter one tap has a lower signal than the other 2, 4-way would have two lower taps I believe and two slightly higher signal taps.

Are you using a typical 4-way splitter?

Look for attenuation numbers on the taps themselves on the case.

I ran into the same problem this past weekend. Altho i am splitting the same cable multiple times and going to 4 Tv's. Radio Shack sells an Amplifier that has one input and 4 amplified outputs. You could use that in place of the Splitter. It cost about 30 bucks or so i think. Only bad part is it requires power also so there has to be a plug aroud.