Audi R8

GNVenom

It was a brand new Audi R8 convertible, V-10 engine. $173,000 out the showroom door.

Driving my GN Cobra yesterday, and notice this red convertible a few cars ahead. When I got closer, it had the five hoops that Audi's have...and it sounded like a Ferrari.

I managed to get next to him at a stop light, open road ahead. Perfect storm. We chatted a bit, told me he had respect for those side-oiler 427 Cobras. His car had a V10 emblem on the side.

This is going to get interesting, I thought (and hoped).

Took off on the green absolutely normally, rolling maybe 20MPH side by side. Then he blinked first, I hear the engine let out a massive and healthy roar. Boy, it sounded nice.

Right foot response was rapid. Matted the throttle expecting to get passed, but no. NO. I got him by almost two car lengths. Wow. He's in my mirror and all I hear is his engine winding out. Seemed like 10,000 RPM.

At around 90MPH, I let off expecting the old Ricer Fly-By. But he didn't. He slowed down, and gave me two thumbs-up. He was actually impressed, big grin all around. This guy was a class act. I figure it's the first time he had his ass handed to him, but he took it gracefully.

I think it would've gone way wrong if I told him it's a Buick V6. Some things are best left alone...

I think it would've gone way wrong if I told him it's a Buick V6. Some things are best left alone...

Might as well leave him be since he took it so well. Although your V6 Cobra probably runs better than 95% of the real Cobras I've ever seen someone try to get on gas. The kit cars seem to run a bit better but they probably just get used and tuned more.

Great kill though! Glad you drive your car around yet.

nice kill, reminds me of my lambo kill, but without the nice guy behind the wheel..

Awesome!!! Most cobras ive seen dont run as well as youd think they should...Beating an r8 is definately raising the bar !!!!!