Attn: 81turbota

Audiowizard

CARE FOR A SMOKE ANYONE?
Staff member
I figured you might apreciate a pic of my '81 Turbo T/A. Its kinda rough but once I am done with it, it will be new again.

Attachments

• ta.jpg
    ta.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 163
Nice looking cars that you have there :)
It looks like the GN could use a wash though ;)

I know.......Just gotta make time to do it. I have too many things to do (bad excuse) :p .

how u get the gn picture underneath ur name on the far left when u make posts?

Originally posted by Eighty2Regal
how much u pay for that 81 turbo ta?

My wife bought it for me and gave the guy only $700.00 for the car. The guy was needing to sell quickly because he was moving out of state and had too many vehicles to transport back to Illinois. Its rust free, all original and 1 of about 3,000 SE turbos built. I have the original "Gold" turbo wheels for it in my storage shed, I just put my GNX wheels on it for a different look

The first day I had the car home, a guy came up to my door and wanted to buy it but I declined even though he made me a nice offer on it :) .

Originally posted by Eighty2Regal
how u get the gn picture underneath ur name on the far left when u make posts?

I took a pic of my GN from the Vernon national cruise and put it in my photo editing software and cropped it down to 64 pixels. Then went to user cp and clicked onto editing option to "change avatar" and submitted the change to my '86 GN pic.

Find a pic that you want and I can modify it for you and put into your avatar if you want.

Audiowizard don't feel bad about the wash, the only reason I said something is because my truck needs a detail clean :( The water hear leaves a white residue, my wifes keeps watering the truck making my job nonstop :(
I like the GNX rims on it :D

Eighty2Regal you can not use a avatar untill after you have 500 posts.

Your's looks good.
Mine ain't so pretty though, I paid $1500 Canadian for mine and right now it's the original brown with tan interior and gold decals. The paint is faded and chipped in a few places but a good polish left it looking not so bad (from 50 ft).
My plan is to paint it Carousel Red (orange used on 69 Judge) and install new gold decals. (It's waiting until I have sufficient energy to do it)
I have some minor rust to repair (just in front of rear wheels) and I need a new carpet, headliner, and front seat covers.
Mechanically the car runs great (after I made sense of where all the vaccuum lines were supposed to go and repaired the ignition and carb)
I have an annoying gasket leak on my driver side exhaust manifold but the bolts are so stubborn I'm leaving it until I do a cam swap (soon I hope)
The stock cam in these cars is very weak and is the same one used in the two barrel 301. Comp cams makes a grind (if memeory is right it's a 254H) that is supposed to produce excellent power in a 301, it has considerably more lift and duration than the stock cam, so I'm hoping that it's going to really work well with the turbo.

Do you have a pic of your Turbo T/A? I would like to see it if you have one.

I'll e-mail you some pics when I get a chance to sit down and figure out how the digital camera works :D

Maybe this weekend.