ATR wastegate springs...

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
FYI: ATR wastegate springs...

I've been trying to figure out what weight spring I had in my external ATR wastegate. I searched this site and also the digest archives and wasn't able to find anything conclusive. I thought I'd post my findings for other people looking for the same info now/in the future. These numbers were confirmed with ATR via phone on 10/23/02...

(Note: the base color of the spring is a dark gray. Looks like the colors are applied with spray paint.)

Color | Weight
Red ----- 20 #
Gold ----- 18 #
Purple ---- 14#
White ---- 10#
Green ---- 5#

Hope someone will get some use from this.
-Banning.

Know this is an old thread, but I just got one with a spring that has yellow dots on it. Any thoughts on that? Maybe another company?

do you have a pic or measurements , height /od ?

yellow could be the hks spring or tail

in the hks std gate yellow was rated 14.2 psi

the tial F38 yellow 2.36 "od is rated at 10.15 psi

I've been trying to figure out what weight spring I had in my external ATR wastegate. I searched this site and also the digest archives and wasn't able to find anything conclusive. I thought I'd post my findings for other people looking for the same info now/in the future. These numbers were confirmed with ATR via phone on 10/23/02...

(Note: the base color of the spring is a dark gray. Looks like the colors are applied with spray paint.)

Color | Weight
Red ----- 20 #
Gold ----- 18 #
Purple ---- 14#
White ---- 10#
Green ---- 5#

Hope someone will get some use from this.
-Banning.

i bought most of the left over inventory of ATR at the auction------and it included boxes of wastegate springs-------i'd have to check to verify your colors vs weight but it seems right-------HOWEVER i found several boxes that had been painted the wrong color-------seems they had painted quite a number of purple springs gold if i remember right--------if i get qet a chance i'll check the actual tension of the correct springs...........RC