atr style headers on ebay READ!

nailheadpowered

my friend archie who owns gn1 performance bought a set of those headers off ebay just to see what was up with them, well after purchase and shipping this is what he got.

header with no 02 bung when attempted to put them on to see how they fit the rear tube on the pass side would need to be cut and re-welded or the head would need to be shaved to clear. next the turbo mounted crooked and the to get any dp to bolt up you would need to pound the header with a hammer to bend it to allow the dp to clear and he tried atr terry houston and one other one. and lastly the metal used is very thin. basically a waste of time and money as by the time you correct them or if you can't do it yourself and need to pay someone to do it you may as well step up and buy a good set of headers from a reliable vendor.

again he bought these just to see if they fit.

im an ebay junkie and i always check that intercooler out, its a great deal.

There is more than one vender selling those headers on evilbay, sure would be nice if you listed the name of the seller so everyone else can view.

I got mine from jdm***^24562456 or who ever...

BW

SWOOOSH said:
can you post some pics of the common problems of these headers :biggrin:

Gladly. JDMMOTORZ here....Less than 1/16 of an inch sealing surface between that hogged out bolt hole and port. They will not respond to any customer concerns until you leave them negative feedback. Then they file an ebay square trade case against you asking to revoke the feedback you left. Ask me how I know.

There is already a 6 page thread on ebay headers here, check it out for more info.

Attachments

• header flange 001.jpg
    header flange 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 202
  • header flange 002.jpg
    header flange 002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 180
T Spool said:
Gladly. JDMMOTORZ here....Less than 1/16 of an inch sealing surface between that hogged out bolt hole and port. They will not respond to any customer concerns until you leave them negative feedback. Then they file an ebay square trade case against you asking to revoke the feedback you left. Ask me how I know.

There is already a 6 page thread on ebay headers here, check it out for more info.
are those new and never put on? they look used.

JDMMOTORZ headers

They are brand new. They came with the bolt hole reamed out. There is chrome plating inside the bolt hole to prove it. BTW, the header flanges are chromed mild steel. The burn marks are from the welds. They have a ton of metal slag, slivers and crud inside them that will all end up in your turbo if you don't clean it all up. I can take more pics of whatever you want to see. I can't always get the file size small enough, but if anybody wants them emailed let me know. The v band flanges are extremely cheap looking and paper thin. Pipes look great, but their QC is horrible so some turn out ok and some are crap. What grinds me the most is not the quality (you get what you pay for), but the non-existant customer service and intimidating ways of this company.

Attachments

• jdmmotorz  headers 015.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 015.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 204
  • jdmmotorz  headers 017.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 017.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 190
  • jdmmotorz  headers 021.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 021.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 179
  • jdmmotorz  headers 024.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 024.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 199
  • jdmmotorz  headers 020.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 020.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 187
Hope this helps.

A chinese stainless steel eating bug got after the driver header flange in pic #22. The gouge is alot worse than it looks in the picture. The flange where the v band goes on pass header is buggered up too and not even close to being flat. It's gonna take JB Weld to seal them up.

Attachments

• jdmmotorz  headers 010.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 010.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 185
  • jdmmotorz  headers 013.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 013.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 197
  • jdmmotorz  headers 006.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 006.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 187
  • jdmmotorz  headers 022.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 022.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 178
  • jdmmotorz  headers 044.jpg
    jdmmotorz headers 044.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 166
T Spool said:
Hope this helps.

A chinese stainless steel eating bug got after the driver header flange in pic #22. The gouge is alot worse than it looks in the picture. The flange where the v band goes on pass header is buggered up too and not even close to being flat. It's gonna take JB Weld to seal them up.

Those pics make me want to throw up. I wouldn't take a set for free!

T Spool said:

NIIIICCCCCE! Thank you for sharing though. Grandpa's old saying still stands true. If it sounds to get to be true................

Hopefully, the quality of these will improve over time.
But if people keep buying em', why change?

We should all feel fortunate to have this board where we can share information like this. GN's are tricky enough to work with without purchasing second rate products for them.

Thanks to all who posted. A picture is worth a thousand words. You just saved me some $$$$$$.

i bought my headers from ssautochrome. im sure they are not the best but far better than drift pros or jd motors. the flange on mine are stainless not chrome plated crap as said above all holes lined right up. cross over fit all clearance was fair with the use of new engine mounts. the one problem that did show up was the flange mount for the turbo was in the wrong spot and yes it took a bit of work to cure this problem. the down pipe was from gbody parts and didnt fit because of the turbo in the wrong spot. the down pipe was cut and welded to fit and worked out fine. we also made some gaskets for the cross over that look like the stuff used on atr headers. all in all not that bad and time will tell if they last. last but not least this all would have been a pain in the a__ with out the help of a board member he has done a beautiful job with my car and i am very pleased with all of his hard work. littlebuick8