ATR Single Shot too loud.. what to do?

alex

Well, after driving with this system all summer, its finally
getting on my nerves. What can I do to make it quieter?
I dont want to put a cat on. Maybe different muffler or has anyone used the cone inserts from Jegs?
Thanks for any help.
Alex

Grow a set!:D I had it for 5 years, got many complaints. As someone said in another thread "sounds like a chain saw on nitrous" Sounds great cruising though.

Had the same problem as you! I tried one of those Vortex cone inserts in my test pipe and it helped a little bit with the emphasis on little. Not worth the price. Hooker dual system solved it for me.:)

Originally posted by alex
Well, after driving with this system all summer, its finally
getting on my nerves. What can I do to make it quieter?
I dont want to put a cat on. Maybe different muffler or has anyone used the cone inserts from Jegs?
Thanks for any help.
Alex

Put the Pit Bull Muffler where the cat was.
Put a 3" Ultraflow where the pit bull was.
Works great for me.

Two mufflers inline. I use stainless ultraflows, one where the cat would reside, one just in front of the axle. This helps somewhat, but it's still louder than traditional duals or crossflow system.

REPLACE IT WITH A $20 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLER. THEN POST HERE AND TELL US HOW YOUR AMAZED HOW SPENDING SO LITTLE MONEY COULD FIX THE DEAFENING "DRONE ZONE". SORRY, DOESN'T COME IN STAINLESS STEEL. :p

I really like the ATR 3" single shot (Pitbull muffler) awesome! I drive this car maybe once a week, but when I do I enjoy that muffler. But I could understand if you drove the car daily or a few times a week it would probably get to you. A friend of mind replace the Pitbull Muffler with a Edelbrock Stainless and it is much quieter. I guess I'll change to that muffler when my (Pitbull muffler) becomes annoying.:eek:

'REPLACE IT WITH A $20 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLER. THEN POST HERE AND TELL US HOW YOUR AMAZED HOW SPENDING SO LITTLE MONEY COULD FIX THE DEAFENING "DRONE ZONE". SORRY, DOESN'T COME IN STAINLESS STEEL'

Red, did you do it to your car? What it sounds like? I looked in
Summit and they only have offset inlet/senter outlet in 3"

I am really looking for a cheapest solution here. Thanks
everyone for info.
Alex

Never did the 3" but everytime I use the Summit turbo mufflers, even with no tailpipes, they are quiet. No reason to believe the 3" won't be the same. Certainly is a cheap way to go. ;)

I can actually hear my stock turbo spool with my 2 1/2" Hooker dual setup. Sounds quietly mello.

the only 3" turbo muffler on the market that stays 3" all the way thru it is dynomax super turbo.

the best flowing one is offset inlet and offset outlet.

all others will be a smaller muffler with the ends stretched open to 3"

I SURE DON'T WANT TO ARGUE WITH YOU GUYS ESPECIALLY WITH HAVING TO HOLLER OVER THE DRONE OF YOUR MUFFLERS !!! ;)