ATR New MAF

turbotrader6

I was wondering has anyone tried these new ATR MAF's. I know they're a little pricey. But was wondering if its worth the extra $$$$?

Interesting. Selling a remanufactured MAF that costs about $60 over the counter at a parts house for $239 :eek:
It doesn't even have the correct connector geometry? Wonder where they're getting those ;)

Picture looks like they have the original style connector. Their write up on it says something like they recalibrated it.

Originally posted by turbotrader6
Picture looks like they have the original style connector. Their write up on it says something like they recalibrated it.

I just looked at the picture. It has the horizontal connector (not original vertical connector).
NOT, repeat NOT the original style connector.

re-calibrated????? That would require someone with micrsopic soldering skills, and surface mount component (SMC) soldeing capabilities.

:confused:

Originally posted by turbotrader6
10-4, Do you think its any better than a stock replacement MAF?

You're kidding? I hope. It is for all intents and purposes, the same as any other remanufactured MAF. It'll be a crap shoot at best as to whether it will be properly calibrated. I would certainly have my doubts. But who knows, it could work perfectly. At the price they're charging, you could buy three of them from NAPA and keep buying till you find one that works. :mad:

JMO

If you're thinking of paying $239 for a remanufactured MAF, maybe you should consider purchasing a Translator or Translator Plus.

It will cost a little more, but it is proven in it's performance capabilities. :)

Are you guys sure this is a remanufactured unit? If I remember correctly back in 1997 A.T.R. came out with a completely redesigned unit,then when I went to order it it was discontinued. I talked to Phil about it and he said they dropped it because all the time and money they put in it and somebody was already atempting to copy it. I think possibly this could be spin off. In the catalog I beleive it says that this is a new unit. In any event htis gives us another option to Reds almost $600 unit.

Well, I'm outa this thread. I guess some folks just "don't get it".

If ya'll want to spend way over $200 for a plastic, stock style MAF, more power to you.

Make sure you ask Phil about the warranty policy.

Hope it's better than their turbo warranty. :rolleyes:

ITS A RE-MAN GUYS!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!

Come-On now, if you need a Mass-Air it's either the Translator or TRY to find an ORIGINAL in good shape!!