ATR external wastegate

tacordes

help... I need to rebuild my atr wastegate, not sure what model it is, its purple on top....Ive read here that most everyone here thinks they are junk, however Ive had pretty good luck with it. I want to try and save money and just rebuild it.... however if I cant get the parts what wastegate would you guys recommend to replace it with .... obviously I dont want to spend much money since I just want to rebuild my old one.....
anyway..... I run alky --- te44-- and about 25 lbs of boost

ATR wastegates are paper weights. Sorry, but time to replace it. I have used a few of them over the years and they all were JUNK. Here's a pic of the last one I replaced. I think John Craig use to rebuild them. Might contact Limit Engineering and ask.

Attachments

• Copy of PICT0014.JPG
    Copy of PICT0014.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 158
wow

haha... thats a funny pic... It looks just like mine.
I did email john and he said he does not rebuild atr's anymore..:smile:

whats the most "cheap" best value for a good wastegate.....
part numbers would help... Ive been to a few site and there are alot of wastegates out there... : )

I replaced my ATR gate with a Tial 38mm. I was very happy with the Tial in the beginning but after about 6-8 gallons of race gas mixed with some 93 and less than 500 miles it locked up tighter than a drum. I didn't know there was any sort of problem until I went out to test my car out before a trip to the track and the boost went well above 30 psi and had 29 degrees of timing retard before I could get out of it. Now I have to buy a new valve to replaced the pitted and corroded stocker. My buddy bought a $59 ebay Tial rip-off that still works great after dozens and dozens of gallons of straight race gas. It did say on the box that "extended use of leaded gas" will cause problems but I just didn't think 6-8 gallons eqauled extened use. If I had it to do over again I would have went with a Turbo Smart wastegate or a Turbonetics Race Gate.