Atr cai

sinister87GN

08 trailblazer ss
I have an old atr cai that the k&n filter sits in the large plastic housing some vender's say this is not very effective way to bring cold air to the turbo would you guys replace this cai or keep it on i am upgrading chip turbo converter want more power any info will help thank u

Take the plastic housing off, and you will see a nice diffrence. Closing that filter is choking it, and it should be open all the way around....:cool:

Take the plastic housing off, and you will see a nice diffrence. Closing that filter is choking it, and it should be open all the way around....:cool:

wont the hot temp under hood hurt performance:confused: some kits put filter under head lights i could try that

Trust me and open filter in the engine is fine. This has been talked about many times, and the gain between a CAI and a open filter in the engine is almost nothing. I had a tinman CAI located outside by my fender, and later switched to a open K&N at the end of my maf and sao NO diffrence at the track. It would help a bit a guess on a daily driver, but I saw no diffrence on the street or at the track

I have an old atr cai that the k&n filter sits in the large plastic housing some vender's say this is not very effective way to bring cold air to the turbo would you guys replace this cai or keep it on i am upgrading chip turbo converter want more power any info will help thank u

I do like that cold air kit mark hueffman sells, click the underhood shot in my signature and that is what he sells.

That atr cai works fine, it just depends on if YOUR car picks up anything with it taken off, personally if its driven in the heat, i would put it back on to get colder air to the maf.

If you upgrade, what are you going to go with? Id go with at least a 6152 turbo :)

BW

I do like that cold air kit mark hueffman sells, click the underhood shot in my signature and that is what he sells.

That atr cai works fine, it just depends on if YOUR car picks up anything with it taken off, personally if its driven in the heat, i would put it back on to get colder air to the maf.

If you upgrade, what are you going to go with? Id go with at least a 6152 turbo :)

BW

I was looking at vendors for turbo the gt 6152 is $ 900 but the 6076 is $599 do you think turbos are close in performance or is the 6152 way ahead of the game

That 60 works ok, the 6152 is a big shot in the arm compared to the 32 you have now. The 60 turbo will have to work harder to make the same amount of power.

Ive had a 60 on my car, it was slower to spool than a te44, and the 6152 makes more power than both. Minimum of a 6152 honestly....

Since you have ported heads, that turbo you have now is doing you no good.

If it were me, 60s te45a(66mm) , 3400 non lockup, fmic, and a alky kit.

Combo for my blue limited is, ported heads, 60's, te45a with .85 housing, pte fmic, 3400 or higher vigilante single disc lockup, 70mm upper and lower, je .020, built transmission. Dual nozzle Julio kit.

I tell you what, its a nice street combo, spools up lightning fast, and plenty of power on tap.

There is nothing wrong buying a used turbo if you can find a good one:)
I think there is a 6776 journal bearing in the for sale section for 700.00

I was thinking of it for my daily driver....

BW

That 60 works ok, the 6152 is a big shot in the arm compared to the 32 you have now. The 60 turbo will have to work harder to make the same amount of power.

Ive had a 60 on my car, it was slower to spool than a te44, and the 6152 makes more power than both. Minimum of a 6152 honestly....

Since you have ported heads, that turbo you have now is doing you no good.

If it were me, 60s te45a(66mm) , 3400 non lockup, fmic, and a alky kit.

Combo for my blue limited is, ported heads, 60's, te45a with .85 housing, pte fmic, 3400 or higher vigilante single disc lockup, 70mm upper and lower, je .020, built transmission. Dual nozzle Julio kit.

I tell you what, its a nice street combo, spools up lightning fast, and plenty of power on tap.

There is nothing wrong buying a used turbo if you can find a good one:)
I think there is a 6776 journal bearing in the for sale section for 700.00

I was thinking of it for my daily driver....

BW
ok thank you i think ill look into getting the 6152 but ill buy new and try and sell my small turbos who do u think the best vender for turbos is?? i have a 3200 9.5 edge converter on the way so that should be a good combo i was also looking @ extender chip but i dont know much about how that works:cool: Hhuumm i still have that gnx dash everybody wanted but x mas messed everything up i should re post it or maybe some would trade a new 6152 for the dash cluster

Mike licht sells them, maybe cal hartline or a vendor may have them listed cheaper than suggested retail for a new years special. No one is better than the other, they just sell it for the manufacturer.

Hope the edge convertor works good, make sure you go big with the turbo, might look larger than the 6152 since you have ported heads.

I have a 64 on my stock longblock car, the 61 was just good enough for stock heads never ported. You need a bigger turbo than a 61 honestly

BW