ATK Engines

They want 10K for an engine these days. Plenty of reputable builders here on the board that will build a stout engine, not just a stocker, for that kind of coin.
Wow! I think I paid closer to $1600 for it back in the day. No core charge or anything. That’s all I could afford back then. I guess I can’t afford them either now. I do have a good 85 block with the oil return hole in front that I used for a short time until the bearings went kaput.

I know of some cars with ATK sbc's , never heard of them doing Buick's maybe they had one laying around to sell.

Please do not be harsh, I am just looking for an overall feel for this engine company. I am trying to keep my car stock, and trying to stay on the cheaper side of things. They have a GN Long block for 1700.00 bucks and I have asked them sevaral times if it has the GN internals and they have said over and over, yes. It is a stock GN motor. Anyone have good or back experiences with this company? I have seen some threads on the warranty issues. I do not plan on over boosting this engine at all, just looking for a good replacement stock engine!

Thanks.

Can you say “Run Forest, Run”!

For about same price couldn’t you just buying a complete low mile engine? Stock?
I don’t know what engines are worth but I just put my entire 37,000 mile engine that has no issues for sale for 2500