At the track, cannot get MTs to hook at all**UPDATE I was not spinning , having other problems.

I have brand new 275/60/15 et streets on a 15x8 wheel. I tried burnout, light burnout, no burnout same result 2.0, 2.1 60 feet every time. I tried everywhere from 17-22 psi in the tire. Launching 0-5 psi. Stock suspension. Any ideas?

My MT street radials are at 26 psi and stick like crazy on the street.

Are the tires spinning at 0-5 psi when leaving the line?

If so, my guess is your converter is too tight, if not you need to leave with more boost.

I just looked at some video and it's hard to tell but I don't think they are spinning. I will try to launch harder. I was doing better on reg radials last time. Like 1.9. Converter stalls 2200 at 0 psi.

If they aren't spinning the tire isn't the problem...Leave harder or look for ways to make it spool faster

I will try to launch harder. I was doing better on reg radials last time. Like 1.9. Converter stalls 2200 at 0 psi.

Have Dave get your converter re-stalled as you want at least 2800 stall, been down this road many times as most owners are afraid of too much stall?

My race car has an 8" converter with 4500-5000 stall, and is actually not bad on the street with a 70mm turbo!

My general rule is any converter to be matched to the turbo must have at least 2800 stall at 0 boost, but I like to see 3000 or a little more for a performance build.

My original 9k mile T has a 10" non-lock up that was installed in 1987, and I only have ~100 RPM less at 65 MPH over a stock converter/turbo.

If the converter is not matched properly to the turbo, you are wasting your time looking elsewhere. :)

Not sure why changing the converter can't be a way to make it spool faster...just saying the tire isn't the issue

When I bought the turbo from Bison he said I might be okay with this converter. But I guess it's borderline. Might be too tight.

Good meeting you at the track today! Car looked great.! Nice to see a quiet stock looking buick beating all those silly loud imports

What was the turbo and what converter? 2200 at zero is good for a stage 3 turbine. 57mm and that's it.

BPE2013@hotmail.com
It's a 5957 billet wheel. Converter is a Pro Torque 12". On my next (and last) pass I was able to bring it up to about 8psi on the line and it left a little harder. 1.92 60'. Am I supposed to stand on the gas at the line to build boost? I'm so used to launching easy on the regular radials. I initially thought I was spinning, but I'm just leaving too soft.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414370801.707120.jpg