Asking for a friend

87granny

Buddy has a 84 GN he needs a ign. module i though i read somewere that they were no longer available and told him to switch to the 86-87 set up am i correct or can you still get a module thanks in advance

if his went out best thing to do is go to the 87 stuff. you can get what you need @ caspers. if mine ever goes out that is the way to go. you can still find the 84-85 stuff but its expensive

The bad news is that the 84/85 IGN coil and module are history. Your friend needs to convert to the 86/87 IGN system. Time to upgrade.

The conversion will require :

86/87 Coil Pak and module.
Caspers conversion adapter in order to convert the wiring harness to the 87 coil module.

Caspers adapter to the 84/85 conversion plate so you can install the 86/87 IGN to the 84/85 support bracket.

While you are at it convert the ECM to an 86/87 along with the MAF and consider going with a translator.

Good- Luck- Brad

Thanks guys ill let him know i was correct then that the 84-85 pieces are gone so i didnt steer him wrong by giving him caspers contact info

I swapped my setup to 87.
ECM/Chip
Coil Pak/Module
But instead of the 87 MAF I went to the LS1 w/ Translator.

Let me tell you it made a world of difference!

And i didnt buy the 86/87 conversion plate, i just Cut one of the screws off the Coil and drilled some new holes for the bolts. Works like a charm.

Coil/Module

Go with the 86/87 setup. It is also a good idea to go with the 86/87 ecm and LS1 Mass Air and translater.
Casper's, Turbo Tweak and G Body Parts should be able to help.