ASC McClaren Sticker in a GN?

ASC did mostly tops....they were involved in other projects example olds touring sedans could also possibly have that label....certain mustangs....

With no roof mods think someone just got a label and stuck it on?

I'm thinking somebody just stuck a sticker on it. BTW your car has California Emissions. RPO YF5.

Here's a good example of an ASC modified car I saw in the boneyard a couple of months ago. I don't know what year ASC started doing this(I remember the 1978 Toronado XTC with the funky back window) but this car is an 83 Ciera Holiday coupe.4 maybe 5 years before the GNX. Not only was the roof done by ASC but also the interior. In this case I found that ASC label on the door jamb and not on the door like the GNX.

Attachments

• Erics Pix 1579.jpg
    Erics Pix 1579.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Erics Pix 1580.jpg
    Erics Pix 1580.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Erics Pix 1582.jpg
    Erics Pix 1582.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 305
Man you guys are spoiled with junkyards in the city. Rock surfaces, already in the air, I bet you don't even have any wasps or snakes. Here's a pic of my favorite spot.

I bet prices are cheaper here:

Attachments

• 100_0375 sized.jpg
    100_0375 sized.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 282
Fyi

turbofish38;
Here's a good example of an ASC modified car I saw in the boneyard a couple of months ago. I don't know what year ASC started doing this(I remember the 1978 Toronado XTC with the funky back window) but this car is an 83 Ciera Holiday coupe.4 maybe 5 years before the GNX. Not only was the roof done by ASC but also the interior. In this case I found that ASC label on the door jamb and not on the door like the GNX.

FYI... The sticker is actually a federal requirement for vehicles altered prior to initial sale….the altered by label states the revision did not interfere with the federal requirements as stated on the label…..when a vehicle is altered after initial sale by the purchaser the label is not needed (aftermarket parts ect…) I believe ASC applied the vinyl top, in one of our second stage manufacturing plants, that made this label necessary as it was modified prior to going to the dealer…:)

Heck that yard don't look to bad.I've been to some in this area that have weeds growing higher than the cars and trees growing out of the engine bays.You have to stand on top of a van or something to see what else is out there. The yards with late model stuff won't let you look anymore. You tell them what you need and they pull it. That took all the fun out going to the salvage yard.

Aaah, the boneyard life! Had to drop that with the wedding vows. I remember driving cross-country 20 years ago and finding a '72 GS 455 picked apart outside Cheyenne, WY, and a fairly complete '73 Stage 1 in Richmond, CA!! They would not sell me the car for anything. That yard had A-frame engine hoists, wagons, and wheel barrows for the customers to use, and many of the cars were inside a giant warehouse ... on concrete:rolleyes: All trannys-$35.00, all rear ends $60.00, all engines $100.00. Both of the '70 GS 350s I've owned came from California wreckers. Total cost - $400.00.
Boy the times have changed!
So, I'm assuming cars that were modified by ASC actually went somewhere to get those stickers. Would a code get placed on a trunk sticker before that mod happened, or how does that work?

Man you guys are spoiled with junkyards in the city. Rock surfaces, already in the air, I bet you don't even have any wasps or snakes. Here's a pic of my favorite spot.

I bet prices are cheaper here:

That looks like a yard in Malcolm Nebraska just outside of Lincoln I used to visit when I was into GS455's. Quite a few others like that out in SE Nebraska that I remember. Not to mention the half dozen or so U-Pull-It type self service yards in the Omaha area,complete with jacked-up cars and wheelbarrows and engine hoists.

I moved to FL in 2000. Nothing like that down here anyway. But I do know of every single stash of cars sitting behind the orange groves or hiding out in the cow pastures with in a couple of hours drive from the homestead. Wasps and snakes. Try gators and Brown Recluse spiders along with a dozen varities or poisonious reptiles. I have many a tale of how I risked my azz for some piece of crap part I thought I needed for one of my projects.:D

You know what's fun to do. Do a MapQuest with the address of any boneyard listed in the YellowPages or a Google search and than do the Aerial view of it.

Never thought about doing a google search Eric. That's a good idea for sure. I've got an old yard here but the guy doesn't want any one to see what he has. From the road there are quite a few in there I'd like to just look at for sure.