Art Carr TH-200 R4 Super rebuild kit

Quik Six

Does anyone have any experience with this rebuild setup? If so, let me know how it works. On my 3rd clutch replacement in 2 years.

Thanks.

What clutches are you replacing? What are you using for clutches? What mods are you using on your trans? Boost valves? Vb mods? Clearances in trans?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What clutches are you replacing? What are you using for clutches? What mods are you using on your trans? Boost valves? Vb mods? Clearances in trans?

The flare with 2-3 shift is the big problem.

As far as the rest, I don't have a clue. It was custom built by a GM tech with 200-4R training and he used almost every billet part in Bruce Toelle's product list.

Don't do my own work and put my trust in those who can.

The flare with 2-3 shift is the big problem.

As far as the rest, I don't have a clue. It was custom built by a GM tech with 200-4R training and he used almost every billet part in Bruce Toelle's product list.

Don't do my own work and put my trust in those who can.
Well I am a GM tech and I have been to those classes and they teach nothing about making one live behind our v6's. Since you have billet parts you need somebody who can work their magic on the calibration.

If you're coming down for the races next week you can drop it off with Jake in Sanger. He might even be able to build it while you're at the races and pick it up on the way home.;)

Well I am a GM tech and I have been to those classes and they teach nothing about making one live behind our v6's. Since you have billet parts you need somebody who can work their magic on the calibration.

Tranny was in a 10 sec GN for a couple of years and behind a 500+ci Pontiac about that much before I got it. I beat the crap out of it for about 10 years before it had to be freshened up.

Engine makes 600+ WHP at 20#'s boost and I play with it quite a bit so 1500 miles may be about as long as the clutches last.

Maybe using AC's 8 clutch setup, assuring the valve body has no leaks, the filter is not clogged and getting everything calibrated will increase the life of the parts. Hope so, I really hate to give up the 4th gear so I'll spend the money needed to make it run again.

If you're coming down for the races next week you can drop it off with Jake in Sanger. He might even be able to build it while you're at the races and pick it up on the way home.;)

Not going to race it in it's present condition. If the local guy that normally fixes it can't get to it soon enough for me, I'll want to talk to Jake and get his ideas on what parts to use to make this thing live longer and have them all available for him to install.

Thanks for reminding me about Jake.

Not going to race it in it's present condition. If the local guy that normally fixes it can't get to it soon enough for me, I'll want to talk to Jake and get his ideas on what parts to use to make this thing live longer and have them all available for him to install.

Thanks for reminding me about Jake.
Not a problem Phil. I didn't think you were going to race it, but if you were going to the Texas Buick Nationals you could drop it off at Jake's on Friday and might be able to pick it up on Sunday on the way back.

While I'm not even close to a guru, I do a lot of reading.
I haven't used the additional clutch setup as I think that it uses the clutches and steels that are thin. Thin gets over heated even though there is more surface area. This is where the setup is crucial(so I have been told and read). If your direct is setup loose and you don't have the pressure at a suitable level you get toasty clutches and steels.
This forum is littered with stories of the local builder that is great but has no experience with the 2004r , so you are the guinea pig and buy at least twice. Your money, your call but I'd be looking for a proven product, not promises.

While I'm not even close to a guru, I do a lot of reading.
I haven't used the additional clutch setup as I think that it uses the clutches and steels that are thin. Thin gets over heated even though there is more surface area. This is where the setup is crucial(so I have been told and read). If your direct is setup loose and you don't have the pressure at a suitable level you get toasty clutches and steels.
This forum is littered with stories of the local builder that is great but has no experience with the 2004r , so you are the guinea pig and buy at least twice. Your money, your call but I'd be looking for a proven product, not promises.

Local guy is good builder and has worked on several local GN's. He seemed to like the Art Carr kit but I haven't seen it brought up on TB forum except for this thread and search feature found nothing.

I'm getting impatient as I'd like to get the car into the 9's this spring and have my reasons for that but I don't want to tear it up the car in the process so I'll cool my heels and research this a little more. Some of the bigger builders have clutch kits and I believe they are 7 clutch setups.

Appreciate your comments and concerns.

For the application you are doing then they must be dual fed and the forward drum needs to be billet shafted.