art carr fwd drum

transguy

Has anyone used the art carr forward drum? Is it any good? I have the stage right and snapped the shaft. What other options are there other than PTS (too much money) and CK (a little better) Thanks Dave

I have an Art Carr drum. While it has held up behind my 400 HP small block, I have no faith in it to hold my nitrous feed big block.

The Art Carr drum is basically a stock drum with some special treating that isnt worth the money.

PTS and CK Performance are the ONLY companies I would buy a Drum from. Buy the right drum the first time to avoid another teardown with either of these companies. When the time comes for mine to be replaced, Ill be looking at them...

Emerson

the e4340 drum we manufacture also allows you to dual feed the direct clutch in hi gear tripling clutch apply pressure and keeping those 3/4 clutches alive.this alone is worth the consideration of a e4340 drum.we will furnish you with the information to do this with or without a purchase .third gear is just as firm at wot as it is in 2nd WITHOUT enlarging the feed hole at all in the seperator plate.this is the absolute fix for 2/3 flares and clutch failures imo.i have seen several heat treated designs fail,and have heard of 10 second cars running a stock drum all year w/out failure.the reality of this is that a forward drum failure will leave you with a no movement in any range condition without warning leaving you stranded wherever you are and the tow and rework and aggravation may be more than the money invested in the part at the time when the trans was out.food for thought .