Art Carr deep pan users (need Info before 5:00EDT)

78oldscutlass

Why am I here?
Ok, I order the wrong pan filter for my art carr pan. I order a 4L60-E deep filter instead of a 4L60.

My question is, Has someone used the 4L60-E filter instead of the regular 4L60? I need to know this while I am at work so I can get the right one.

I'm inclined to say that's not going to work. The diameter of the 4L60E filter tube is too large for the inlet hole in the 200-4R pump.

I just wanted to add, To make the filter fit the art carr cast pan, You mill @ 1/8 off the front 2 stands and 7/16 to 1/2" of the rear 2 stands. I couldnt find any info on how much to cut, so I spent all morning cutting and grinding the stands to get the right fit. I took pics also.

Originally posted by HOTTOGO
Mine had to be cut flush with the bottom of the pan to fit correctly? :confused: :eek:

I dont know if Im right or wrong. I measured from the pan rail to the top of the filter ( the rear part of the filter sits higher). Then I measured from the top of the stands to the rail In the pan. Then I subtracted and got 1/2". but I have to run the gasket, so it brought it to 7/16 instead.

And it barely touched the filter using my blueing compound.

As for the front stands, I kept cutting them down till the pan would sit all the way down on the gasket. Which ended up being around 1/16 - 3/32"

Sounds like you should be all right, I basically did the same as you but ended up remove them completely 'til it would sit all the way down w/o gasket. ;)