Art Carr convertor?

LSTTYPE

I have 2 Art Carr 10' converters that I would like to sell. Both lock ups. One has 40k miles and could use a re flash. The other has 5k miles and needs nothing. Both are around 3200-3400 stall. I believe they are the Texas versions. Anyone have any idea what these might be worth? I want to fund a Hussek convertor.

I have 2 Art Carr 10' converters that I would like to sell. Both lock ups. One has 40k miles and could use a re flash. The other has 5k miles and needs nothing. Both are around 3200-3400 stall. I believe they are the Texas versions. Anyone have any idea what these might be worth? I want to fund a Hussek convertor.

I have seen A/C converters listed in the 300-500 range that did not need anything done to them.
And they dont seem to move real fast.

They are really not very popular anymore so if you want to move them the price will have be attractive.

I have an one of the original 16930 ac converters that I got from art himself at bowling green in 96'
and have thought about selling but with not much value there I will just keep it.....
who knows when I might end up with a budget build street car that could use it.

There real downfall is the high slip% at the end of the track but on the street from a roll
for 30- 100 mph blasts they work pretty good. Best of luck to you.

Back in the day, he made great converters. IMO, he stopped making good ones about a dozen years ago. I have one of his old 9" non lock ups and love it.
It stalls at 2800 rpms at zero boost. I can hold it at 5200 rpms at the line with the trans brake. This allows me to leave the line with whatever boost I want and have done 1.39 sixty foot times. All this and only 5% slip at the big end.

If they are 16930's id say 400 for the good one and 500 for both.

Thank you for the input guys. The older one went 11.90s at no more than 19 psi @114. The new one has gone 11.30 @ 120 on 24 psi. It Would get me in the 10s for sure with a good 60ft and 2 or 3 more psi. I am going to build a stroker and want to get a proven 9 sec convertor is reason for selling. That and I believe a Hussek convertor at my current 24 psi will bring my current motor into the 10s.