Art Carr converter identification

turbodarryl

Hey guys, i have a 2004R Art Carr converter and trans, that i had in my GN years ago, its a 9'' non lock up, its been a really long time and I'm not really sure but i think its a 3000-3500 stall speed, is there any identification on it to tell me for sure? ...and i want to put the trans and converter behind a LS1, will this be too much stall.. or??

There should be numbers stamped on top (transmission side) that will tell a little about it. I doubt you will be able to figure stall speed by this but will at least let you know the model.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

its a AC 16930, anybody have a idea how this converter will work behind a Ls1, worked great in my GN, it stalled at at about 3200, any ideas behind the ls1 in a 3800 pound camaro??

its a AC 16930, anybody have a idea how this converter will work behind a Ls1, worked great in my GN, it stalled at at about 3200, any ideas behind the ls1 in a 3800 pound camaro??

It will depend on how much power it makes and what rpm you will shift at. It will flash higher down low from the higher torque of the LS1 and the heavier weight. It's worth a try to see how it works. It may be a little loose feeling while driving and will need a good transcooler but there's only one way to find out if you like it.