Art Carr 3800 stall& Trans

1chance

Well i have been thru my share of 200R4's, but i always wanted one of those high dollar unit's. Anyway a friend of mine ran a 200R4(Art Carr) in his 87 Monte, and has raced me before. After having this Art Carr unit, and 3800 N/L for 7 years, it started to show wear when he added NOS. Instead of sending it back to Art for a rebuild, he used a person unaware of the Art Carr stuff. Now they changed the Valve Body(mistake), and the trans has'nt lasted a week, and he tried again with a guy i know is good with stock rebuilds, but not High Perf stuff. so he sold the trans, and stall to me. I have my old BRF with a good servo, but his has all the billet stuff, but the valve body has been replaced with what im not sure. Can i use my valve body in this trans, and will the Billet 3800 stall help my car, or hurt it? I now run a TH350, with 3000 stall, but i miss my Over drive. Also where do i get the rebuild kit?

Yep, I don't see why you couldn't take the two and make one good one. Better find a transfer builder here to do it right. You may spend a lot on shipping though.

this converter would be far too loose for your 6776 in my opinion.

I would disagree. I have a GT6776 turbo on my car and with a 3000 stall I was lucky to get a 1.9x 60' at the track. I now have a PTC 3800 stall with a ported stater and run 1.5x 60' all day long. I went from being able to build maybe 5 PSI on the footbrake to build 10+ on the footbrake now.