Art Carr 200 4r serial number 7622

yarbeau

Darth Vader
Anyone familiar with art carr transmissions? I'm a tranny noob.... I bought my 87 GN with an art carr setup and I'm curious to know what exactly I have.

The motor and transmission are out of the car. I need a new governor for the transmission. What else should be replaced having it out already.

Thanks,
Derek

You have to be careful with "Art Carr" trannies. Some are built by Art Carr & some are built by the company that bought the rights to his name.

The real Art Carr "Tranny Shop" is: http://cpttransmission.com/

I think that whichever one you have is a strong tranny.

~JM~

This tranny has been in the car since I bought it. It shifts hard and strong. I know it's a great transmission just am pretty much clueless with the art carr brand.

Interesting someone bought his name and still pumps out trannys. I'll try and contact that site directly.
Thanks alot.

Derek

The group that bought the Art Carr name went under a while back, I think the same group owned RedNeck.

"Art sold Art Carr Performance Products in the late 1990's to a company called Automotive Global Technologies and was moved to Reno, NV. In 2000 Art Carr Performance Products was sold to Ronnie Hartman Enterprises which was Torco and moved to Abilene, TX.
Art Carr himself owns California Performance Transmissions."