Arizona

GDANE

Anybody out there still drive their cars on the street. Seems like more and more garage queens over the years!

Look at my signature. I have been starting to drive it more recently though. If the junk would not break.

drive it when i can. i live in california and when i go out there i try to drive mine. problem is when i go to drive it, it breaks

I don't drive mine too terribly much. But have to get out on the street every couple weeks or so. Oh you guys mean to tell me that your cars are not reliable.....lol...That's a shocker. I'm not sure Buick and reliable go together. I have not had any issues with mine yet...Knock on wood.

I'm in So Cali and drive mine daily.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

The only time it has broken is when I did something dumb to it.....otherwise...I drive it like I stole it and am always set to kill mode.:biggrin:

thats the only way to enjoy driving the car :p none of the "oh I am only runnin 10#s of boost on the street":rolleyes::biggrin:

Yup!
I can't do the grarge queen thing....I get depressed...

I got a little to aggressive in my Camaro a few weeks back. I took it to my favorite burn out spot...a little road where I can only hurt me or my car.... to do my best impression of John Force.
I got it going nice, loud and smokey through 1st and 2nd with a little wag from the tail section and then short shifted into 3rd at WOT while overcorrecting for the tail wagging....
The back end promptly passed my front end without my permission and from that point on it was all about ....sit here, hang on and wait until the thing stops spinning... and hope I dont run into anything prior to stopping.

I finally found a curb with my driver side rear tire.
Damage?
- Rim is a gonner (aftermarket steel rally...no biggy)
- Tire got cut by the inner fender well
- Brake rotor bent and cracked
- Caliper brackets bent
- Caliper slider pins bent
- Caliper has a nice gouge in it form the rim hitting it while still spinning
- Axle hub has a slight bend in it
- Ego bruised:redface:

It'll cost me about $1k in parts and an afternoon....but it sure was fun...:biggrin:

my car runs good now. i was refering to the last time i was out. got one thing fixed then the alternator decided to take a crap which took out my headlights and battery with it :eek: anyways car runs good but then again its not set on kill 24/7. im one of those guys that runs 15psi on the street. the reason for it, its safer not only for the car but for me, and i have nothing to prove on the street. the track is different however. I dont need to run 10's on the street when i can enjoy its 12's

Yea I run about 10 - 12psi on the street. Just cruising it around. Anymore than that and I don't get traction anyway so whats the point. But almost did get eaten by a new Camaro with a couple thousand in extras on it(the guy said). So probably going to run 14 - 15 to be safe.:)

Running 21 lbs on the street and everything to prove....

Had a golden opportunity tonight after the gym, but since it rained earlier today I was in my GTP.
I pulled up at a light and was right between two shiny new 2010 E63 AMG's with dealer plates on them. When the light turned green they took off racing each other.
I'm still pissed:mad: that I wasn't in the GN.
Could have crushed two lamb skin glove wearing day traders in one swoop.

street racing isnt my thing ;)

I am not disciplined enough to ever pass on an opportunity to thump some high falut'n Euro trash.
Hillbilly rules....If they go....I go:D
Simple math, really...
Faht fayr with fayr...that's what grandmamy used to say...usually right before she'd thump me over the head with her Hoooooly Bible uh-gin...:redface:

....and its no secret that with a safely open road ahead, I really am not disciplined enought to pass on any stop-light challenge....I have no self control....

...but I do all my street racing as responsibly and safely as one can...

i drive mine eveyday to school, work and whereever else i need to go. the only way i would "garage" it would be;

1. if i had something else to drive everyday
2. if i had a garage to put it in when i was driving that something else :biggrin:

buickbert

PARTS WANTED/NEEDED

1. gn upper door panels MANUAL WINDOWS
2. know good stock maf, not a remand 1
3. 1 t-type center cap (that wont fall off )

I have the MAF with screens if needed and the cap although the logo has slightly faded, it has all the tabs.

I drive mine roughly around 3-4 times a week. Right now I am battling a bad thermostat and must wait to have it shipped. :(
I'm located in the East Valley.