Argument with some moron about my buick T vs. GN

whining? who whining? there is a reason GN's pull more money. there MORE DESIRABLE! its not rocket science. ive owned both GN's and Turbo T's. who's lieing to anyone? get off the crack pipe would ya...... this coming from a guy with a mid 12 second clone....:eek: talk about lame and BORING! stock civics run 12's.:rolleyes:

I think you are confusing me with someone who owns a T.

you really almost got into a fight over that? I was at a car show one time and was walking away from my T and some guy and his lady walked up to my car, here was the convo....
Dude: " oh sick! this was my first car, a T type!"
girl lacking brain and self confidence: "oh my god, are you serious"
Dude: "Yea, I miss this car"
girl lacking brain and S.C.: "Oh my god, I would kill myself if I was caught dead in this car"
Dude: "whatever, this is probably the fastest car here"
I was laughing as I walked away and the girl kept running her mouth about how ghetto the car looked, mind you, the car is in great shape...you cant win with some people

Here are several ignorance's i have encountered a few times while owning my 86 GN.

The most common: "is that a real GNX or a clone"

At a car show, in line with 7 other GN's and T's "whoa! these Monte's are turbo'd!!!"

Another good one "Yeah Grand National! i know those, factory TT'd and stock run 10's" lol

last one, im picking up my buddy and he ask if i can give a couple of his friends a ride. I say sure.
I go in the store to meet up with them, as we are walking out i get a couple comments about how nice my car looks. cool.
We get in the car and thats when it happens. The girl: "Wait. its an automatic?" me:"....well yeah..they only came in au..." girl: "laughs, never mind, not cool it's an automatic"
The other guy, jumps on the bandwagon and agrees. lol. kids these days.

Naturally, i punch it across the street, they shut up.

Needless to say, don't worry about it. Most people really know nothing about cars. I pretty much ignore most peoples comments and appreciate when I run into someone who actually knows something about my car.

I just figured it out! :biggrin:

novaderrik must be Vette guy :eek:

What a small world.

D

if i could afford a vette, i would have rebuilt the stock trans in my T Type by now (i blew the rear sprag apart at the track back in '05), and it wouldn't be parked under a tree in my mom's yard right now.

you wouldnt understand you weren't at the place and time...and why do you want to prove your maturity over me? nova it seems your the only one who has something negative to say about me always one dam sour apple in the bunch.. have a nice day nova

just so we're clear- you wanted to fight some guy because he said something about your car, and i'm the immature one?
it's always good to know how these things work..

Here are several ignorance's i have encountered a few times while owning my 86 GN.

last one, im picking up my buddy and he ask if i can give a couple of his friends a ride. I say sure.
I go in the store to meet up with them, as we are walking out i get a couple comments about how nice my car looks. cool.
We get in the car and thats when it happens. The girl: "Wait. its an automatic?" me:"....well yeah..they only came in au..." girl: "laughs, never mind, not cool it's an automatic"
The other guy, jumps on the bandwagon and agrees. lol. kids these days.

Naturally, i punch it across the street, they shut up.

Needless to say, don't worry about it. Most people really know nothing about cars. I pretty much ignore most peoples comments and appreciate when I run into someone who actually knows something about my car.

you are way too nice, i would have kicked them the fk out of my car.:biggrin:

i never said you were immature NOVA stop writing chit about me on here.. im tired of your f*#king comments about me being immature and in 2nd grade or w/e the hell you said in previous post ive been nice and patient with u.. if i want to punch someone in the face who the hell cares.. poke into someone else's thread and talk your garbage.. ive been nice with you after your gay ass insults im tired of you already if you have nothing positive dont write chit about me you don't know me and your sitting on your comp judging me on this thread....in conclusion.. eat a penis for breakfast

Chris, look at it this way, you started a great thread..

Speaking of kids, I went to the track for the first time in 5 years last week. I had a kid (maybe 19) standing there looking under the hood. (my car is NO show car) He was nice and tried to stay out of the way. He smiled and said hi. But every time I went back to the car it seemed like he was there, just looking under the hood. Its like he wanted to ask about the car but didn't want to bother me. I think he asked a few questions and said nice car. I kinda wish I would have givin him more of my time he was so interested in it. I just figured he was a kid hanging out in the pits with his friends. I don't know why I think this is odd but it wasn't untill the end of the night when I noticed he was standing next to his car about 20 feet from mine. He had a real nice new GTO running 12:00's. I didn't think he had a car he spent so much time by mine all night, yet he had a bad Fast GTO of his own he was racing..

Some kids do have a clue I guess :)

im glad i have T im not better or worse than a GN or T but some people on here are confused IMO seriously we have the same damn car whether gn or t? paint and codes make them different but after all the B.S about what's worth more between T's or GN's or how many were made.. i have a v6 turbo and a 2004r..with 8.5 rear and yes its fast. just like your's so whether you like black or blue or white etcc..keep the competetion in the rear view and stand up for what you have. can we agree on that?

Two of the three T's Ive owned have had chrome packages..Super sleepers. If I chose to I could take the turbo hood off put hubcaps on them and sell them on a Senior citizen Bingo lot....With that said I had a guy tell me that basically GM had left over GN engines and started just sticking them in regals to get rid of them.....LOLOL Well Thanks GM cause theres nothing like the look on a guys face when a Grandpa spins through second lets up and walk his ass down!

I drove my gnX clone to a Good Guys car show recently. I was in the parking lot reading a map in my car when a car pulled up near me. I could hear the driver explaining to his passenger what a gnX is, how many they made, blah blah blah. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a clone. Well, that's my TR story for today. Oh, I own an 86 GN, an 87 GN, and an 87 dark red TR. Very interesting thread. Once had a guy at a gas station ask if my TR had the Olds 307 engine in it. I said "I hope not!" Talk about dumb founded!

Gn's as a rule were cheaper than Turbo Limiteds so they would/should hold the highest value in terms of the "affordable" Turbo Regals ie: excluding the GNX.

I would want more for the rare one of 1500 or so of them, vs. a 20K high number production car. ;)

Most people who choose their cars via color and trim levels along with the performance level, would choose a Turbo Regal if they actually had a clue about them being the same damm car performance-wise.

Just my .02.

GN's are way overrated and yeah I own one. :p

Something was appealing about going 11 seconds with a bench seat and column shift. I was looking for a T-Type when I came across an 86 GN at a decent price so I nabbed it instead.

OH MY GOD!!! I have never seen so much whining about not have a REAL GN before in my life. Just deal with it guys. If you must lie to yourselves to feel better about your Ts or Types or WTF ever you call them then do so but have some dignity and do it via PM. Good grief.

Re read my post. I made a suggestion and asked a question. You didn't see any whining from me.

Maybe Nasty Wendy was kidding? I mean, ppl here have got to know that there is no difference between the cars performance wise....so no point thinking one is better then the other.

you are way too nice, i would have kicked them the fk out of my car.:biggrin:

Haha, you are right sir, I am too nice at times.

Maybe Nasty Wendy was kidding? I mean, ppl here have got to know that there is no difference between the cars performance wise....so no point thinking one is better then the other.

I hope anyone who calls themself a Buick enthusiast or anything of that nature would know this. But you never know haha.

Can't we all just get along? :D

I have had both, the GN got all the attention. I like my Limited better because the 60/40 seats are awesome and it has an armrest. A Grand National in Arizona usually means $2000 extra over a Limited or T. From my experience it is easier to sell a GN than a regular Turbo Regal.

That did cross my mind too, but just sayin....

Really though I don't think that many are really in the know to differentiate....they must think that all black paint was faster...then again not many think of a V6 as being a potential performance engine.

That did cross my mind too, but just sayin....

Really though I don't think that many are really in the know to differentiate....they must think that all black paint was faster...then again not many think of a V6 as being a potential performance engine.

exactly, its bad enough everyone thinks our cars are montes and then once they find out they have a v6 lol...