Are you running 17" wheels???

87-WE2

Back in business!!
OK - I'm calling all who are running 17" wheels. I've been racking my brain & burning up the internet trying to find some 17" wheels for my 87 GN. I think I have sizing figured out at 17x8 (4"bs) front & 17x9.5 (4.75"bs) or 10 in (5"bs) out back. It would be real nice if somebody made GNX style mesh in 17" but I haven't been able to find it. Closest I can find is CCW, HRE, and one other one that escapes my mind. HRE is crazy expensive @ $1200 per wheel. CCW is better priced at about $700 per wheel.

I've found two different CCW's that I think look pretty kick-a$$ - the good ol' Classics and another one, the LM20. I'd like to see a car or pics (if there is one) that's running CCW LM20's in 17". Surely there has to be one of us that's running them or has run them in the past. Surely I'm not the only one who's thought of this before.

I talked to John @ CCW and he's a SUPER nice guy that seems to really know his stuff about our cars. He's determined for me to get 10's in the back, even though I'm worried they won't fit. I'd hate to be in $2800 deep in a set of wheels only to find out I can't run them. I am NOT afraid of rolling the fenders, but would prefer not to if possible. John swears they will fit, so anyone running 17x10's out back, please post up with any fitment issues you might have had.

I at first had resolved to getting the Classics, but John actually talked me into the LM20's, and every time I mentioned 9.5" out back, he'd whisper "10's". The LM 20's look a little more "clean" than the Classics (not dogging anyone running Classics), even though they are a few dollars more. Any opinions any of you might have are welcome.

I would take johns advice, I talked to him about wheels he has had a few tr's and know the car pretty well

I run 17x10 on back. 4.75 b.s. with rolled lips. 275/40's
Fitment also depends on tire size. I would be careful with 5" b.s.
Bolt on a wheel of known size and backspace and do some measuring. :)

I have 17x10 with 5" bs and no issues. Decided to run Nitto dr's 315/35/17 on them and went with baer billet 3/8" spacer just to be safe. Also changed out studs to 3/8" longer but not sure really need to. No frame notch either. Best thing to do is when shopping for tires is to look at section width.

I run 17 x 9.5 with 4.5" backspacing out back and its perfect with no rub. So conceivably you could pull off a 10" with no modifications. My front is 17 x 8 with 4.5" bs and i recommend 4.25 or 4"

OK - I'm calling all who are running 17" wheels. I've been racking my brain & burning up the internet trying to find some 17" wheels for my 87 GN. I think I have sizing figured out at 17x8 (4"bs) front & 17x9.5 (4.75"bs) or 10 in (5"bs) out back. It would be real nice if somebody made GNX style mesh in 17" but I haven't been able to find it. Closest I can find is CCW, HRE, and one other one that escapes my mind. HRE is crazy expensive @ $1200 per wheel. CCW is better priced at about $700 per wheel.

I've found two different CCW's that I think look pretty kick-a$$ - the good ol' Classics and another one, the LM20. I'd like to see a car or pics (if there is one) that's running CCW LM20's in 17". Surely there has to be one of us that's running them or has run them in the past. Surely I'm not the only one who's thought of this before.

I talked to John @ CCW and he's a SUPER nice guy that seems to really know his stuff about our cars. He's determined for me to get 10's in the back, even though I'm worried they won't fit. I'd hate to be in $2800 deep in a set of wheels only to find out I can't run them. I am NOT afraid of rolling the fenders, but would prefer not to if possible. John swears they will fit, so anyone running 17x10's out back, please post up with any fitment issues you might have had.

I at first had resolved to getting the Classics, but John actually talked me into the LM20's, and every time I mentioned 9.5" out back, he'd whisper "10's". The LM 20's look a little more "clean" than the Classics (not dogging anyone running Classics), even though they are a few dollars more. Any opinions any of you might have are welcome.
Listen to John! Mine are not 17's but are the larger 18's..... He does know his stuff about our cars and what will and will not fit..... I have 18 x 10" Classic's on the back of mine and before it was lowered there was no issues what soever and even after lowering it 2"+ all that had to be done was roll the wheel well lips...

SW.

go 9.5 ....all of these cars are abit different, some will get away with it and some not.

There are plenty of tires for 17's for now. 275 40 17 should be around for a long time. At the moment, M&H makes a 28" tall 275 50 17 drag radial as well. Nitto 275 40 17 NT01 fits perfect on a 9.5 inch rim. I even run the 275 40 17 on a 17x8 and its fine.

There are plenty of tires for 17's for now. 275 40 17 should be around for a long time. At the moment, M&H makes a 28" tall 275 50 17 drag radial as well. Nitto 275 40 17 NT01 fits perfect on a 9.5 inch rim. I even run the 275 40 17 on a 17x8 and its fine.
Don't forget about Mickey Thompson 275/45/17 DR
GNKIDSMISC121.jpg

Thanks every one. I think I'm going to go with either Weld RTS in 17" or CCW LM20's in 17". I'm shying away from the Welds for now due to funky backspacing in the widths I want. TurboD is waiting for a set & I'd like to see how his look and fit. I still really like the LM20 - just hope the funds hold out for them.

Teaser!! This is just one of the rears. The fronts are still "works in progress". Hope to have all four mounted soon. Will keep you posted. These things look 1000X better in real life!!!

Attachments

• wheels.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 222
Weird. I can't get the full pic to post from my desktop. Here goes from the iphone.

I'm running 17 x 8s & 17 x 9.5 s both with 4.5" backspace along with 255 x 45 x 17 fronts and 295 x 45 x 17 rears- everything fits fine with no rubbing or rolled lip, car is lowered 1.5".

17x8..............TSW........... Coulnt put the front caps on due to offset. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!

Attachments

• CIMG0143.JPG
    CIMG0143.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 346