Are you going to the BOP at Bremerton on the 23rd?

turbov6truck

Guys...
Are we going to have a good show at the BOP?
Or.. are you going to Pacific Raceways on that day to watch Pinks?
Or both ???
:tongue:

I was planning on the BOP but I still don't know whats wrong with my GN! :mad: I installed a new timing gear set and still no compression, So I thinks I'm F#@ked! I didn't know Pinks was coming to Pacific! I might have to check that out.

Oops I started a duplicate thread on this topic before I saw this one.
My bad.

Oh ya, I'll be at BOP. It would be cool to swing by PR afterwards to checkout the rest of PINKS taping!

I'll be there with the twin turbo car :biggrin: Hopefully they won't kick me out after my first pass :) I'll run it with street tires on it and just see what the MPH is. Then I'll install a bar/cage and a WOLF bar and let 'er rip.

We had a great time today. The weather was perfect. The track was okay but most didn't make big power or great ET's. I struggled with traction but that was due to trying to figure out my new combo - TE62 and 3000 stall 9" converter. Best ET was only 12.1, best MPH was 112, and best 60' was 1.78 on the same street radials. I just can seem to get enough power out of my GN even at 25lbs of boost.

Racing was Ken T-type, Dennis T-type, Josh t-type, Craig GN, John GN, a nice gentleman from GNRA canada with a GN, me GN, and a couple of nice Typhoons. Other spectators were Gene, Robyn, Al, Tammy, Roland, Sam and a few others.

Ken ran his radical twin turbo and netted a 125mph and I believe 11.7. Excellent start. Definitely proved he can make power with that setup. Dennis ran low 9's again.

That's a wrap for this season. Tim to start thinking of ways to make more power and drop those ET's!!

Yep, I ran a 11.47 @ 124.89. The car has another 100 hp left in it. The A/F ratio was 10.2:1 all day. I was just running the car to make sure everything worked. Other than a small leak from an under-torqued brake line, the car ran with out a glitch. It was great getting back in the saddle again. The 125 mph runs were made on 19-20 lbs. of boost. The boost wouldn't hit until the 60 ft mark, even trying to bring it up against the converter. The A/F ratio is probably the problem there. I need to get 26-27* degrees of timing in it and lean it out to 11.5:1 and then it should run much better. But as Gene said "You just ran 125 mph in a FULL weight car, from a bunch of junk in your garage!" ;) I'm thinking about going to Mission on Friday for a test and tune session. I'll really get a chance to work on the tune-up if I can make it up there.

Leave it to Ken to take a bunch of old Buick parts that most of us take off to go faster and run 125 MPH. If i give you all my old stock parts will you build me a 10 sec car too :eek: Sure was great to see you run that car and get the bug again. We need more guys like you in the PNW showing us its not what you got but how you use it :)

Ken, it would be nice to see you and your car up here next Friday :cool: . I am racing and hoping to take advantage of the cool air and maybe up the boost a couple of pounds ;) .

Datar

87GN_D said:
Ken, it would be nice to see you and your car up here next Friday :cool: . I am racing and hoping to take advantage of the cool air and maybe up the boost a couple of pounds ;) .

Datar

NOT Gonna happen :mad: I called and tried to register Tuesday A.M and they put me #20 on the WAITING list. I asked her what the chances were to get a call?..................She just laughed at me!

I think they have street legals friday night after the test and tune :)

Yup, gates open for Street legals at 5pm. Good idea to be early since the tech cards will probably sell out quickly. Track prep should be great since test & tune for the big guys was earlier in the day.