Are Lamborghini Diablos Supposed To Be Fast ??

Red Regal T

Well, now that we've established whether or not C-5s are fast, I had an experience last nite that makes me wonder whether Lamborghini Diablos' are fast. What do you think?

On my way to a cruise last nite, coming up to a traffic lite, I see what appears to be Batman's car, but I know it's not really his car because it's yellow. Still, it had a Batman logo in the middle of his back window, so I can't be sure. :confused:

It's a three lane road and all the lanes are taken up so I have to pull up behind this car. It says DIABLO on the back, so then I think, is this a Farrari or somethin? Well, I don't know.......somebody at the cruise later told me what it was. :cool:

Anyway, the lite turns green and the thing steps out smartly, :eek: so I mash my accelerator and I was able to maintain my distance of a couple car lengths behind him. In about a half mile is a lite which is about to turn red. So now, I have this yellow batcar at the lite. I'm figuring, I'll be the first guy in a turboregal to blow the doors off the Batcar. Then, the driver's window rolls down, and low and behold, it's NOT Batman. :( I was very disappointed but at the same time very happy we're about to go from a dead stand.

I'm in the far left lane, and he's in the far right. I'm waiting impatiently for the lite to go green. Any second it's going to change when what do you think happens?...........Batman turns off to the right. Well.....Bull$heeeit!

So, now I ask you...... ARE LAMBORGHINI DIABLOS SUPPOSED TO BE FAST ? :mad:

Well... It depens of what you takes as fast :)

My oppinion is that they not are so fast as many people belive.
They have a repetation to be fast, but as I have said... they not so fast if we look at the price...

Heres a list on times. As you can see, its just runs a bit better than a original TTA...

1991 Lamborghini Diablo 4.4 13.2
1992 Lamborghini Diablo 4.5 13.3
1995 Lamborghini Diablo VT 4.7 13.2

Funny thing is that it may not have been a Diablo. There are far more kit Fiero rebody cars on the road than the real thing. It is even more doubtful that a real Diablo owner would have a Batman insignia on a car of that caliber. I stomped a real one a couple of years back in the GN and the foreigner driving it was not a happy camper. :D He actually appeared to be cursing me out in Arabic. ROTFLMAO. Of course I wasn't dumb enough to try to top end him, I just roasted him through basically the 1/4 mile. ;)

Gees, Joe........add insult to injury. Maybe a Fiero?.... And I can only maintain my distance behind him? I DON'T THINK SO. :rolleyes: No offense to Pontiac (chevy) guys, but I'd like to see the Fiero that could keep up with me. :eek:

Originally posted by Red Regal T
On my way to a cruise last nite, coming up to a traffic lite, I see what appears to be Batman's car, but I know it's not his car because it's yellow. Still, it had a Batman logo in the middle of his back window, so can't be sure. :confused:

Maybe it was just Bruce Wayne's car. Or maybe even Alfred's.

Gees, Joe........add insult to injury. Maybe a Fiero?.... And I can only maintain my distance behind him? I DON'T THINK SO. :rolleyes: No offense to Pontiac (chevy) guys, but I'd like to see the Fiero that could keep up with me. :eek:

Hey bro, don't take it that way :confused:

don't think for an instant that they keep the stock motors. I've seen eveything from GN motors, Chevy 400s to Northstars. Most of the kits are quicker than the real thing! I've personally seen a GN motor in a fiero that was running right at 11 flat. I've also never seen a Diablo or Countach kit that kept the stock motor. At the very least it is usualy a transverse mounted small bock chevy.

:D OK.........I'LL BE MORE DIRECT.......THIS WAS NOT A KIT CAR. THIS WAS A REAL, HONEST TO GOD, LAMBORGHINI DIABLO. :D

I knew immediately what a Diablo was and my reference to the Farrari possibility was part of my attempt at being funny. :( I can assure you, I can tell a pedigree from a mongrel. :D

I think batman drives a mercury cugar nowadays...I say this because while in san diego about a month ago i saw a black cugar with very dark tint cruising that had chrome letters on the back where it would normally say cugar (i'm assuming) spelling "BATMOBILE" and instead of a mercury emblem it had a nice chrome bat silhouette...it actually looked very clean and from the factory! kinda cool...i think in his younger days batman might have driven a lambo, but not anymore...

Originally posted by wishihadabuick
I think batman drives a mercury cugar nowadays...

Yeah.......I know that......but do you think it was a REAL Cougar? Or was it a Lamborghini just made up to look like a Cougar....:confused:

Don't diss the Fieros, there pretty badass in there own way! ;)

I've seen Vortech blower kits for the Fiero, and the 2.8s can hold there own pretty good......its no 3.8 SFI Turbo or nothin' but they do pretty good with the Series II 3.8 stuffed back there! :D

Yeah.......I know that......but do you think it was a REAL Cougar? Or was it a Lamborghini just made up to look like a Cougar....:confused:

Jumping Jahosiphers red regal!! You could be onto something!! let us contemplate this possible scenario over a plate of waffles and meat loaf lightly dusted with powered sugar....quick, to the fiero cave!!

I saw one of these Lambo's at the dragstrip and it ran 13.70's @104. My TTA ran 12.70 @109 almost stock that day. They are fast but they are not very quick.

Pete

It could have been a kit car....I don't know about you, but I can't afford the real Diablo engine, but I could drop something else in the kit.

COULD'VE BEEN A COUGAR MADE TO LOOK LIKE A KIT CAR WITH A FIERO ENGINE WITH A 260 MPH SPEEDO........COULDN'T IT'VE? :D

if you raced a 2000 diablo and it was a professional driver i would bet alot of us would lose...you can get them things to run in the 11's with a good driver...those things are AWD don't forget:eek: