are atr headers worth the money?

cgamino

My friend is selling atr headers ... I am running stock manifolds into a thdp. will this make much difference? $500??????? thanks

My friend is selling atr headers ... I am running stock manifolds into a thdp. will this make much difference? $500??????? thanks

It'll keep you from repairing cracks. Are they stainless?

BUY THEM! That is cheap and the only alternative is TA headers and they are not cheap. They will fit good and they are well made.
Conrad

I would not buy these if the reason is you never think they well crack.
They do have some performance advantage when you start getting deep in the 10s though.
They are CARB legal and the only ones that ever were.

your downpipe will not work unless it was originally designed to be used with atr headers.

I do not know the drawbacks of the TA design but I can say the design of the ATR headers cause the crossover to sit right on top of the pass. side control arm bushing. It turns it into a pile of melted crap in record time, I know of no current design heat shield that will work here to prevent this. From what I can see the TA design is much better.
Mike

Have run an original mild steel ATR header set up since 93 (had them ceramic coated in 95), added a 3'THDP in 97/98, and the long and short reply is... they'll fit BUT they'll actually Touch between header and DP. And yes they sit so close to the control arms that your rear rubber or urethane bushing will be a memory Fast o_O . Took a flashlight into the tubes and lo' and behold saw a pinpoint of light. need to reweld it at the 3 and 5 connection point on the drivers side. Running ceramic stock manifolds with plenty of room now =).