Are all WRX's this slow?

hot6-231

American and Proud!!!
Just got back from a short stay in Vermont. Traveling down RT-7a north of Bennington when this Blue WRX fly's up and procede's to ride and I mean RIDE my bumper. Now I have the wife in the car so I let him by(sometimes she get's real ornerary when I play). Car's REAL loud as he go's by and he give's me the thumb's down. Wife knew I was a little pi**ed off after that. A few mile's up the road I pass by him as he's pulling out of a driveway. This time he has a buddy in the car with him as he procedes to catch up and RIDE my bumper again while he's swinging left and right like he wan't to pass again. I told the wife to hold on as i'm not going to take this sh** from this punk again and just as we round the curve there's a LONG straitaway. Mr. WRX swings out to pass and I let him get just pass me when I punch it. Well, I can't say I was very impressed as I proceded to put bus lenths between him and I. Now normally I would'nt even bother leaving a post for this "kill" as he was driving rice, but since everyone and there grandmother have been telling me lately about how "BAD" these cars are I thought it was pretty funny since I was only running 17 lbs of boost(have'nt installed alky kit yet) and the car was LOADED with "goodies" from my wife's shopping excersion and luggage and full cooler and full tank of gas and,and,and. Don't know what mods he had beside's being super loud(open dump?) and?. Guess he can't lie now and tell all his buddies he spanked a Turbo Regal!!!!! Sorry for the long post but I thought everyone might get a good laugh from this one.:D :D :D

yes :)
slow, very slow......
i think they handle pretty good tho

I dont know..... some of those are pretty fast. I was racing one at the track. It was loud but it obviously had work done to it. When we lined up and the light turned green he immediately had 2 cars on me. I couldnt believe how good it hooked. But about half track I caught up with him and smacked him with the top end. They would be a fast car in the 1/8 but they dont have enough top end to make them performers. Of well, next time i have to come to the track prepared. No more pump gas and 215 radials for me :D :D

Compared to a low 12 sec. turbo Buick, yes, a bone stock WRX is slow.

I ran a 14.5 in my bone stock 5-speed sedan WRX, with 1300 miles on it, full weight (I weigh 250lbs), no icing the intercooler, no raised boost, and 1/2 tank of gas my 1st time to the track with it.

IMHO, not too bad for my winter beater. :D

In their latest issue, Car and Driver got a 14.1 out of the WRX. Took a 5000 RPM clutch drop to do it, though.

With the basic exhaust/more boost formula people are getting them down to the low 13's. Not bad at all, but I have to wonder about reliability issues at that performance level.

wrx

I like the idea of the awd and turbo fun all year round fun. however i don't care much for rice. I think it was the JACKA$$ driving that your mad at. glad you killed him!

4.1 STAGE1, YOUR RIGHT. I'M NOT DOWN ON THESE LITTLE POCKET ROCKETS I WAS JUST VENTING AS THIS GUY WAS BEING A TOTAL ASS, AND I DID'NT NEED THIS PUNK THINKING HE WAS DRIVING A VIPER OR COMPARABLE SUPERCAR. I JUST BROUGHT HIM DOWN TO EARTH!!!
;)

Nothing wrong with giving a cocky shmuck an education on what is really fast... Its actually pretty fun to bring them back to reality LOL!!!:D :D