appearance opinion

GNFURY

wooooshhhhhhhhh
I have been entertaining the idea of maybe after the car gets painted (black of course) maybe putting a bumble bee stripe on the a$$ like on the old mopars (superbee) with the turbo 6 or something on the side in the break in the stripe(Where the super bee emblem is) maybe in a cream or white color. What do you think? Black is sweet, but all GN's look the same.

Originally posted by ONLYA6
Different is always good. Check out my car, the pics are in my sig.

Jacob

GNFURY, I vote no. I don't think the stripe will improve on a clean new paint job. However, I also believe that anything done right, i.e., with super attention to quality and details, will usually look good. Its your car so do yo thang.
ONLYA6, that is one bad looking ride. Even the turbo with no cover looks good.

Different is always good...hence my sig "Rogue"

Everyone is so obsessed with the "original GN" How boring.
I buy a car to drive, not to retain value. So do what you want. I personally think it could look good, the only weird thing is that the bumble bee stripe is a Mopar thing.

Red Regal has a stripe on his TR that is remniscent of the old Gs & GSX Buicks...I think it looks great!

maybe you could whip something up in a graphics program like Photoshop? It would give you a general idea at least.

hth,

Ron

Do what you want, it's your car. I don't know about a Mopar stripe though. I would stick with a Buick theme. But it isn't my car. I like to be a little different. Don't you get tried of everybody thinking every black T/R on the road is yours. I still would like to paint mine a different color. But we will see when that time comes.

When I get pissed off from all the A$$HOLE people who think a car is just to get from point A to B, giving me door digs, I'm going to paint my GN dark pewter, almost black, just a little silver in it. Can you tell, I'm mad at people…….hahahaha.

Jason

Call me silly but......... I love the hugger orange regals I have seen on the net. I love orange on certian cars like my old 72 GTO I used to have. I've seen it on a monte ss too, looked sweet.

I will keep my GN black, with no stripes though.

This is the same guy as V8KILLR@msn.com......no longer have a MSN account, so changed my name.

Agree with TheDoughboy.............Jack Cotton's car is orange and it looks hot.

Jason

Different can be good sometimes, and,,, different can also be grotesquely gaudy!!! There's a fine line between being different, and looking like a bad display of modern art. I'd be real careful with what you do, because once you've done it, it will be quite costly to revert back. If you like the Superbee look, maybe you should go buy an old Mopar...???
I will say however, ONLYA6's paint scheme is gorgeous, per his link in this thread! Many, many years ago, I thought about painting my TR a metallic teal color. Back then I couldn't have afforded to even spray paint it though. The funny thing is; about a year later, that's when Conley introduced "Tweaked" which was painted that very color, and looked nice. (and no, he didn't get the idea from me...)
GM also did some really fine things with the Designer Series T-Types and Turbo T's, and they are certainly unique due to their rarety. I personally would be more inclined to do something along those lines, as opposed to going hogwild on striping and emblems, etc. But hey, I tend to lean towards a conservative cleanliness appearance, and that's merely my opinion...
For those of you who implied that the stock GN is boring looking, well, I'd have to say you're whacko! :confused:
Bottom line is,,, it's your car, and you are the only one that has to be happy with it.
Whatever you choose, be sure to post it out here so we can all benefit or learn from your painting story.

i think the mopar stripe would look sweet on your GN. i have been thinking about different schemes for my machine..im thinking.. maybe kinda like the 69 gto royal bobcat... only silver on black.. oh yeah:D

I personally like the all black scheme. A black car looks btter than any other color when it's all shined up IMHO :) but do what you want, it's your car. Nothing wrong with personalizing it.

I bought my WH1 car for the the two tone look. I like it because it's different.

ONLYA6 your car looks awesome. Great stance and awesome two tone paint.:D

Almost anything done well will look good. Stripes and emblems can either make or break a car. The bolder your paint is, the more likely flaws in workmanship will show through. But if done right should be stunning.

How about making the stripe and the power 6 two toned, red and orange. That would keep it purely turbo buick.

I love simple; it can be VERY beautiful!!!! Like I said, when I repaint my car I'm going to go with a dark silver black (pewter) and am going to de-badge the car………..nice clean lines. I want the paint to look like you can stick your hand in it, pull out the paint and have it drip down off your hand like water ;) ;) ;)

Jason

Originally posted by ONLYA6
Different is always good. Check out my car, the pics are in my sig.

Jacob

Definately different, thats pretty though.

What kind of brakes on that thing?
What kind of tires you got there?

thanks

jojo

Black makes a good night car. That's what I like about it. And they were famous for being the "Bad, Black, Grand Nationals".. so I'm sticking to it.

ONLYA6: Your car is gorgeous. Especially with those rims. But theres one thing that I see more often on these cars that I dont like.... missing front air-dams. They look too pointy and long in the front end without them. I just think they look much better with. Fills in the front end appearance. Just my opinion though. :cool:

the guy I bought my GN from had an 86 too
and he had a fresh paint job(black)
but had a ghost stripe set in on each side

looked very cool and still stealthy