Apparently 4 Year Olds Can Get Sued...

That will bankrupt those kids, she will have o sell her bike and her cat to help pay for damages. I can see old people wanting to ban kids now.

An 87 year old lady died from complications when the little girl ran in to her, breaking the lady's hip. Is the old lady's family supposed to let it slide? Sidewalks are for walking, not bike races.

Where were the parents?

An 87 year old lady died from complications when the little girl ran in to her, breaking the lady's hip. Is the old lady's family supposed to let it slide? Sidewalks are for walking, not bike races.

Where were the parents?

your facts may not be straight (copied from article) read the last sentence.

The suit that Justice Wooten allowed to proceed claims that in April 2009, Juliet Breitman and Jacob Kohn, who were both 4, were racing their bicycles, under the supervision of their mothers, Dana Breitman and Rachel Kohn, on the sidewalk of a building on East 52nd Street. At some point in the race, they struck an 87-year-old woman named Claire Menagh, who was walking in front of the building and, according to the complaint, was “seriously and severely injured,” suffering a hip fracture that required surgery. She died three months later of unrelated causes.

Dude, that's most of the large northern cities.:rolleyes: Someone expects to get a paid out because sh!t happens. I remember a case when I was a kid. 2 kids decided to see if there was any gas in a neighbors car. They used a match and guess what.:eek: The owner of the car was sued by the parents of the dead kids because he didn't have a frigging locking gas cap.:redface: Any ideas of who won?:mad: This was in the Philly area btw.

I dunno, to me this story is just another sad drag-racing-bystander-death story.

When will it all end?

Im defending the kids! Adults have more years of experience. She should of known to get out of the way of those little drag racers. I do when the kids in my area take over our concrete alley and turn it to the Daytona 500. If they spot a car they all yell CAR COMING!! and pull to the pit...my grarge apron since I air up tires and tighten training wheels...:p

The estate is suing the kids....come on! If I die @ 87 under the same circumstances, I wouldn't want to ruin (2) kids lives over it. Sounds like it was an accident. The kids should be punished, definately, but ultimately you have to remember they are (4) years old. Anybody else do something stupid @ that age?