APEXI Air Fuel Controller (please help)

DR. EVIL

THE DARKSIDE
Has anyone heard of putting a APEXI AFC on their GN? I've talked to some of my import buddies, according to them, all you need is a Mass Air sensor an O2 sensor and a computer and the rest is up to you. This thing has everything you'd need to tune your car. You can even save three separate settings depending on what gas you're using. I was wondering if anyone has used this, or knows if it will work on a 87 GN for sure?

Call Apex'i. I'm not sure if it will work with the stock GN MAF sensor. It's designed for imports, and import MAFs.

I've ran them on DSM and a mini Mopar. I can't remember the options on the MAF selection. If you don't want a DFI, FAST, then go with the translator plus.

????

Originally posted by TurboMike
I've ran them on DSM and a mini Mopar. I can't remember the options on the MAF selection. If you don't want a DFI, FAST, then go with the translator plus.

Explain what you mean by DFI and FAST. I like the layout of the AFC from APEXI, if it'll work I want to use it. What does the translator plus do exactly?

DFI (from Accel) or FAST (aka SpeedPro, Fel-Pro, etc).

The translator plus basically gives you fuel and timing control on the TR. I'm install 10-15 units and they work great. Got one on my LT1 also.

With the SAFC you can trim the fuel at certain rpm/load but that's basically about it. I actually don't know of anyone using one on a TR

?

Where can I get more information about that translator plus? I want to know what it takes to install it, how much it costs, how easy/hard it is to use, what all it adjusts, what does it display/does it have a display.....any websites or whatnot?

easiest way would be to go into the tech section and use the search button. if no luck email me.