Anything amiss in the engine?.

3-5.0

Just got my new GN yesterday,very cool delivery truck,they previously delivered 2 AC cobras and had a Ferrari of some sort stacked below my GN...just the way it should be. Anyway heres the engine-its so fricken cold out I had to dress like an Astronaut to take pics.

I see it has a KN filter and spark plug wires...and a fuel gauge-which is cool but mounted kinda weird which will change. Is everything else where it should be?.

gn013.jpg

gn014.jpg

There seems to be a little more electrical tape wrapping wires up than I'd like but the car is old as hell.

Its got a nice exhaust system on it,I couldn't read the name on the mufflers...it might be Magna flow but I won't know till later.

gn015.jpg

Looks like a pretty close to stock GN? Hope that Ferrari didn't get any oil drips on it.;) If you are new to Buicks you will understand eventually. How about some pics of the body?

I believe its all stock 'cept those few things,I'm looking forward to learning how these engines work. I'm allright with a wrench but my main hobby is body work-not that I need to do anything to this car I can see,I wanted a driver that I could detail and go.
I'm kinda scared to see who owned this car before,I couldn't dig up anything prior and it seemed to check out ok,now that its in front of me its looks good like a low mile car except a few scuffs here n there which is to be expected. I have some nice 16in Telstars I'll try on it. The engine probably needs to be gone thru it has a skip or hesitation when reving-but it is really cold out.

gn001.jpg

I didn't like the gauges at first and fully intended to remove back to stock...but they light up and come in handy!
gn004.jpg

Looks clean.... as for the fuel guage, it appears to be a hood mount. Guys like it there so the can monitor making sure the pressure rises 1lb per 1lb. In other words for every 1lb of boost you should see 1lb of fuel pressure increase. Others just set it and forget it. As for the hesitation, you will need to get some data from your sensors and post up. Could just be some minor tweaking.

as far as i can see our missing one extremely extremel important monitoring device get a scan master before something simple and stupid will cause catastrofic failure

Nice looking ride. Looks very stock. The fuel regulator looks to be adjustable. What injectors, does it have hotwire kit. Check the plugs, fuel filter-Oh heck just go to GNTYPE and follow the spring cleaning section.

X2 on the scanmaster.

Carl

as far as i can see our missing one extremely extremel important monitoring device get a scan master before something simple and stupid will cause catastrofic failure

Yikes! . I was looking at the scanmasters,I'll have to wait till spring before I fork out another 250+.

Other guys-thanks,I'll do that spring clean thing before it hits the road in the next 2 months.

Nice looking ride. Looks very stock. The fuel regulator looks to be adjustable. What injectors, does it have hotwire kit. Check the plugs, fuel filter-Oh heck just go to GNTYPE and follow the spring cleaning section.

X2 on the scanmaster.

Carl

I'm hoping to dig into it when the weather breaks,I don't know about the inj,or hotwire but it seems like the car was cared for or at least some kinda attention paid to it.

Welcome to the Buick world.These cars will run bad in the great Canadian cold,mine are in hibernation.;) The cruise control looks like it was added,not a big deal.Good luck

Kevin