Anyone with a MAF translator

irockwithdirt

I picked up a LT1 MAF and translator from a LT1 guy, have the adapter plug from ramchargers. I think I need to change the dip switch settings (was for a LT1 V8- now going on my buick).

Anyone know where I can find this information?

TIA, Kevin

Try these setting to get started.

dip switchs - On,On,Off,Off

rotar switch - 3,3,0,0

I had the same set up do, except for stock injectors, and this worked well for me.

Once the settings are made drive around on the surface streets and do a lot of stop/go driving to re-set the computer (to let the computer learn)

Well somethings wrong. From reading the instructions I set the switches on, on ,on, off

And my rotary switches 3,0 (I only have 2.........not a trans +)

Car would start but not idle at all.

Guess my maf or my trans are bad. :(

Thanks.........I did try that setting today and no change.

Guess now I have to figure out if its the MAF or the translator :confused:

My friend just sold a LT1 firebird saturday or I'd swap it with his and see if the MAF worked.........day late I guess.

Lil bro has a late 90's chevy astro van with a vortec v6 in it........the MAF on it looks very similar. Does anyone know if by chance these are interchangable?

you need the 3 inch MAF from an lt1 B body i.e. impala ss, buick roadmaster 350, caprice, etc. the lt1 camaros/ta's use a 3.5 inch MAF. not sure about the astro MAF.

My wife has a 97 S-10 with a 4.3L. I have swapped MAF's with the one from her truck and it seems to work the same. However, both of the MAFs are 3".