Anyone watching UFC fight night on FS 1

whitehot1

The prelims started at 7 pm EST and will go until 10 pm.

Then the main event fights will be shown from 10 pm to midnight.

Watched it too. I like the excitement McGregor brings back to the UFC. He's a Irish version of Chael Sonnen. Makes you want to tune in, whether it's to see him get his ass kicked, or continue to win streak. I also thought Hendo was robbed on that decision tho. Unanimous on all 3 score cards...... that's a bit of a tough swallow. I think the build up they have on Cerrone tainted that outcome, because of his grit to just keep getting back in the Octagon fight after fight, making them checks. 7 wins in a row now. I believe the last time he lost was either to Nate Diaz or Petis. Either way, as a fan it's fun to see a guy determined to force himself onto fight cards and not just take the next fight the organization has for them and only fight maybe once or twice a year.

McGregor does bring some excitement to the UFC . Seems Dana White isn't wasting anytime setting up a fight between him and Jose Aldo in Vegas.

The fight between Cerrone and Henderson could have gone either way it was close,although i thought Henderson should have gotten a split decision win,but when it's in the hands of the judges you never know what they see to sway their votes. Cerrone just fought 2 weeks ago and took this fight on a short notice. Got to give him credit for that.

No doubt Cerrone and henderson could have been a draw, maybe 5-5 min rounds would be the difference, i like McGregor but a drug test may be in order...:) He is almost too good.

Yeah...Cerrone and Bendo was a tough fight to call. I gave the nod to Bendo since the Cowboy started off slow. Bendo landed more strikes but leaving it in the hands of the judges ends in debate again.

Joe

I am a big fan of Cerrone and I think it should have went to Henderson.

Mcgregor is very entertaining to say the least. I'm not completely sold on him since he really hasn't fought the true top tier guys. I think Frankie Edgar was wanting to call him out after the fight but he bit his tongue.

McGregor's mouth got him that title fight for sure. Just his personality is very infectious. That stadium in Boston was the biggest attendance they have done in that building ever. In Vegas, McGregor and Aldo are going to sell out. There is BIG money to be made scheduling that fight, and the UFC realizes that. I'm interested to see how good or bad McGregor does against the top of the food chain. If he wins....... WOW!! The roof will blow off of the building for sure. Can't wait.

Conor has skills but I realllllyyyy want to see Aldo derail his hype train. I don't like the way the UFC has promoted him nonstop. Every time you turned on FS1 or FS2, there was some show about him. I don't think it's fair to the rest of the up and coming fighters. I also think the UFC is throwing money at him like crazy. After his first fight in the UFC, Conor was already driving a 6 series BMW and he's looking at purchasing a Range Rover for his girlfriend? Pretty strange to see because just prior to being signed by the UFC, he was on welfare. Up and coming GSP didn't get this kind of treatment....

Also, I wasn't really impressed with him jumping over the cage and getting in Aldo's face. Conor's poor girlfriend seemed to think he came over to her but he completely ignored her.

McGregor received a $50,000 bonus on top of what ever they paid him for taking the fight Sunday night. He shouldn't have to be on welfare anymore if he has any smarts about him.

I think he should fight Edgar or Chad Mendes before Aldo but Dana wants to ride the money train while it still has gas! Edgar just seemed a little pissed that he got leapfrogged like that.

McGregor received a $50,000 bonus on top of what ever they paid him for taking the fight Sunday night. He shouldn't have to be on welfare anymore if he has any smarts about him.
Yes.....but I'm talking about what he was driving after his 1st fight in the UFC. He did win the KO of the night bonus but after taxes and all that...how is he driving a 6 series?

I've actually met Dennis Bermudez back in 2013 and even though he had already won 4 fights and 3 bonuses, he was still living in a small 1 bedroom and driving an average car. These guys have a lot of expenses which they have to cover....manager, trainers, nutritionists, etc.

I hear ya but it's not as though the UFC is broke and has to screw guys over to keep afloat. It's just getting a bit ridiculous...as are all the immediate rematches, unless the champ's a little scared like Jones was after a super close decision over Gustafsson. If ever there was a need for an IMMEDIATE rematch, one that would have been a big PPV draw, that was it. Instead it took almost a year to make it happen and Gustafsson had to fight Manuawa in the meantime to get back into contention....and Jones fought Teixeria, another undersized LHW when compared to Jones, which he knew he could easily beat.

Many fans are saying the UFC is becoming more and more like the WWE...the guy with the biggest persona or who acts like the biggest heel, gets the nod. I think that's the easiest way to ruin this sport. Short term gains at the expense of long term ones.....

And another problem with promoting the guys with the big mouths is that even after they get beat, they continue flapping their gums and getting fights they don't deserve....Sonnen being the perfect example.

Last edited:
I think he should fight Edgar or Chad Mendes before Aldo but Dana wants to ride the money train while it still has gas! Edgar just seemed a little pissed that he got leapfrogged like that.
Agreed....Edgar would ground and pound Conor into a bloody pulp. Guess Edgar needs to start pretending he's God and blessing people... like Conor does.

Agreed....Edgar would ground and pound Conor into a bloody pulp. Guess Edgar needs to start pretending he's God and blessing people... like Conor does.

I personally think that might not be a bad thing for Frankie. He didn't fair too well with a bigger Aldo last time. If, and I use that term loosely. If McGregor does beat Aldo, Frankie would be next in line. And i think he stands a better chance on gaining that strap with McGregor over Aldo. But I do agree with you guys that I would like to see the proper rankings determine the next in line to get a title shot. It seems Sonnen laid out the blueprints for the new generation of MMA. And the UFC wants to get on that money train before someone silences McGregor and opens the recipe to expose his weaknesses. Ultimately his ego is going to interfere with one of his fights. The feeling of invincibility can be a very humbling experience. Especially when you over look your opponent. One thing I do notice with him is that he doesn't check leg kicks well, last fight proved that. Aldo is the King of leg kicks. I'm quite sure he is going to throw tons of them the same way he did with Faber. He also leaves his head out when trading punches. I seen him get hit a couple times during those exchanges...... Everyone has a sweet spot.

He's making more than a former champ, Henderson, and more than one of the most beloved fighters, Cerrone. Not to mention both those guys have been in the UFC a lot longer than McGregor. Total BS IMHO.....

I personally think that might not be a bad thing for Frankie. He didn't fair too well with a bigger Aldo last time. If, and I use that term loosely. If McGregor does beat Aldo, Frankie would be next in line. And i think he stands a better chance on gaining that strap with McGregor over Aldo. But I do agree with you guys that I would like to see the proper rankings determine the next in line to get a title shot. It seems Sonnen laid out the blueprints for the new generation of MMA. And the UFC wants to get on that money train before someone silences McGregor and opens the recipe to expose his weaknesses. Ultimately his ego is going to interfere with one of his fights. The feeling of invincibility can be a very humbling experience. Especially when you over look your opponent. One thing I do notice with him is that he doesn't check leg kicks well, last fight proved that. Aldo is the King of leg kicks. I'm quite sure he is going to throw tons of them the same way he did with Faber. He also leaves his head out when trading punches. I seen him get hit a couple times during those exchanges...... Everyone has a sweet spot.
I agree, McGregor is either a badd-ass or he will run into a wall, that has a mirror attached... chin out can lead to bad things...