Anyone want to help me help a GN owner/soldier?

russgoodman

See this post http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/287170-wtb-used-mufflers.html

Travis's twin brother is in Iraq and will be home on leave next month. Travis has been working on the brother's GN to get it ready for when he gets back. I'm giving him a set of flowmasters that I took off my car. I was thinking maybe a few of you would like to donate a buck or two to cover the shipping cost. He had some other things come up like brake work and tires, so he's going to have to wait a week or so to get the shipping money out. I want to get these out to him ASAP though to make sure the car is ready in time.

So here's the deal - Fedex shipping is $30. If anyone wants to donate, send me a pm and I'll give you my paypal address. If I get $25 in there, I will cover the last $5 and ship these flowmasters out. If there is anything over that amount, it will go to Travis and his brother for other parts/supplies/labor they might need.

I've had my car for a little over 2 years. You buick guys are some of the best around and this is my way to try and help another buick brother out. Thanks.

Russ Goodman

The Army discourages driving while home on R&R, especially if you were on convoy duty in Iraq. Most of us spent R&R drunk for the first 8 days, because we were so happy to be home.....then drunk for the last 6 days dreading going back.

If the car is ready for him when he gets home, be sure someone responsible is with him at all times - even if he does not drink at all.

My 2 cents....

Lou
OIF Vet

The Army discourages driving while home on R&R, especially if you were on convoy duty in Iraq. Most of us spent R&R drunk for the first 8 days, because we were so happy to be home.....then drunk for the last 6 days dreading going back

The logic of the Military.... gotta love it :confused: I'd say driving GN on R&R is safer than driving a morphine pump in Landstuhl....

The Army discourages driving while home on R&R, especially if you were on convoy duty in Iraq. Most of us spent R&R drunk for the first 8 days, because we were so happy to be home.....then drunk for the last 6 days dreading going back.

If the car is ready for him when he gets home, be sure someone responsible is with him at all times - even if he does not drink at all.

My 2 cents....

Lou
OIF Vet
:confused: Odd.

Update: My paypal account shows $44.83 right now. That will cover the shipping for Travis and I will send the leftover money to him. I'd like to thank DJ Red Barron and Garyk for stepping up big and helping me get this done. The Buick guys are the best hands down.
I'll be heading down to Fedex tomorrow afternoon and get these mufflers on their way to New York!

Russ Goodman

Thanks alot guys...really means alot to the both of us. I didn't see this coming at all! This is my brothers 2nd tour in Iraq and I wanted him to be able to drive the car when he come's home in 3 weeks.

Seems to run good, but working on getting a scanmaster to check out everything as my turbolink cable crapped out on me. The mufflers exploded when the ignition module went and the car backfired big time :eek:

I just replaced the brakes, lines, centerlink/tierods and balljoints and am getting new tires and an alignment done this thursday. lll ow wednsday when I take it on her maiden cruise how good it's going (it hasn't been on the road since 1997.

Again, I'm glad to see that this is as nice a community as the z28 (Nastyz28.com) we used to belong too. They too helped a returning soldier get his Camaro up to speed.

Travis

I'm glad to help.......post up any issues also , theres alot of good trouble shooters here too......

because of driving down the center of the road and as far form the edge as possible, and we all know why that is!!

Ron

Best of Luck to your brother, I hope he is well and you get the GN on-line for him.

I apologize if my interpretation/experience of R&R bothers anyone. I guess everyone just wants to feel good about the whole thing, but the truth is not the warm fuzzy we wish it to be. It isn't "Odd.", it is reality.

While everyone seems to be in a giving mood, many disabled Veterans have greater needs then any of us - please support them as well. dav.org

Lou
OIF VET

Best of Luck to your brother, I hope he is well and you get the GN on-line for him.

I apologize if my interpretation/experience of R&R bothers anyone. I guess everyone just wants to feel good about the whole thing, but the truth is not the warm fuzzy we wish it to be. It isn't "Odd.", it is reality.

While everyone seems to be in a giving mood, many disabled Veterans have greater needs then any of us - please support them as well. dav.org

Lou
OIF VET

i know everyone here appreciates all vets (my father was a 100% disabled vet) and do whatever we can to help out.....thanks for the sacrifices you guys make.......

I understand what you mean....I am a Marine, my sister Air-Force and both my brothers are Army...things get crazy from time to time :rolleyes:

And yes, the last time he came home from Iraq he was interesting driver...he was used to driving the Stryker. Again, thanks alot guys...hope to have this thing buttoned up by tommorow and take her for a ride to see if it can make the 40 mile trip out of the sticks to get the alignment done...wish me luck :)