Anyone using the Hurst Quarter Stick shifter

LosOjos

Can the Hurst Quarter Stick fit into the stock console? I'm trying to decide between this and the B&M Megashifter.

There was an ongoing post about a week ago saying not to use ratchet shifters. Find a good quality gate shifter.

Why not? I've had the mega shifter in my car for 5 years, no problems.

i have a quarter stick, who ever installed it butchered my console before i bought it. im taking it out soon to go with a MC SS shifter.
Good luck.
Mike

Russ,
The TB tranny guru WE4 said that unless the ratchet shifter is set up perfectly, it will burn out the clutches in no time. Do a search if your interested. The thread that described the problems with ratchet shifters is about a week old.

I have a Quarter Stick and it fits and works beautifully. No issues here. I just have to finish my shifter plate, but it definitely has an OEM look to it.

OneQuikV6 - Mike

Fascinating! I put my Pro-stick in about 5 months ago but didn't know about your website, (which looks great). Anyway, my install was almost identical, I had no-one to ask about this or that so I just thought everything through myself and pretty much duplicated your proceedure, even welding the shift linkage arms. Great minds think alike. - BB

Black6pack, thanks dude I'll check on it when I get a chance. you said about a week ago? What ever WE4 says goes.:cool:

Re: OneQuikV6 - Mike

Originally posted by Buick Beginner
Fascinating! I put my Pro-stick in about 5 months ago but didn't know about your website, (which looks great). Anyway, my install was almost identical, I had no-one to ask about this or that so I just thought everything through myself and pretty much duplicated your proceedure, even welding the shift linkage arms. Great minds think alike. - BB

How very cool! I'd love to see some pics of yours installed!

Is that a Pro Stick, Bruce? The trigger looks different. Looks daaaaayum good whatever it is ;)

Pro stick with t handle and t trigger. Came out exquisit!!! Steller even! As Shawn miles. He is Idaho Gn.......

I would love to show off my hurst shifter, but how do you post pictures?? YOU WILL BE AMAZED !!!!!!!:D

Sorry

You can't post pictures anymore on the site. But you can post them up at one of the free sites, (Geocities, etc.), and then post the link. - BB