Anyone using SMOKED TAIL LIGHTS ? ? ?

GNGAL

86 GN T-Top
I purchased smoked tail lights from eBay... and wanted to see if anyone else has something similar. They show up great when the brakes are applied, but at night the running lights do not show up. I have checked the basics & sensor, with no luck. Any suggestions ? ?

use a...

brighter bulb.:cool: you can check w/the parts man to look up the different intensities and go w/the one that will show thru. I used to do that for my parking and side marker lites. some bulbs have disappeared and were replaced w/"one size fits all" bulbs.:mad: Hope this helps.

Could always go with LED taillights!! ;) Here is a pic of (Dj redbarron)'s car with tinted taillights.

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 305
I run smoked tail lights. I've tried everything to make them bright enough but it all failed......UNTIL I got a set of those tricked out LED tail lights. I installed them in my smoked lenses and they look great. They are brighter than ANY bulb you could put in there.

LED lights are the way to go. I'm smoked and it does show very well. Probably not the answer your looking for and some more work and cash to solve your problem.

yeah, Im going to get LEDs eventually. Just looking for a cheaper, quick fix for now. Any suggested links for LED conversion ?? Thanks guys !

LED lights are the way to go. I'm smoked and it does show very well. Probably not the answer your looking for and some more work and cash to solve your problem.

You'll love the LEDs, GNGAL. They are VERY bright and the sequential digital flashing is really cool looking. :cool:

Thanks Billy... I'm just going to skip getting brighter bulbs and go straight for the LED lights. I hope to have them ordered with a week. They look fairly easy to install too.

Be careful going with higher wattage bulbs, you'll melt the wires.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks Billy... I'm just going to skip getting brighter bulbs and go straight for the LED lights. I hope to have them ordered with a week. They look fairly easy to install too.

not too bad at all.... just follow the instructions and take your time.....

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!!;):cool:

aaron

She is getting our LED taillight kit and the LED 3rd brake light for the complete look! ;)
Kristina if you run into any problems just give me a call and I will gladly walk you through it.

Scot W.